Painful to eat, pee, poop, have gas?Is this normal? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Painful to eat, pee, poop, have gas?Is this normal? Painful to eat, pee, poop, have gas?Is this normal?

Unread 06-13-2007, 09:45 AM
Painful to eat, pee, poop, have gas?Is this normal?

Okay, I will be 2 weeks post op tomorrow. I had a TAH/BSO w/TT.

It hurts to eat.
As I swallow it's like I can feel the food hitting my stomach and it's painful.

It hurts to have gas.
I feel like the majority of my day is spent bent over reeling in pain from gas pain movement.

It hurts to pee.
Evertime I sit on the toilet it hurts "down there" like my rectum is contracting as I sit there and it is so painful.

It hurts to have a BM.
OH the pain as it is moving down. I cry everytime I have a BM, so I go thru this agony 1-2X per day.
My Dr. has me on Lactulose, so my stool is good and soft. It's just so painful.

Am I normal? Is something wrong with me? How long should I expect all of this to last? Any suggestions on what I can do to relieve any of it?

I have my 2 wk post op appt tomorrow, so I can ask my Dr then. Just wanted to see what you wonderful gals had to say about it.

Thanks.

Misti
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2007, 09:54 AM

Well, you had a much different surgery than I did. But I had gas pain off and on for about a month. Only my first couple of BM's were difficult. If you are having pain when urinating you might check with the dr. to make sure there is no UTI going on.

I do have friends that have had your surgery and what your describing sounds like what they went through, but if you're really unsure ask the dr. It's better to be on the safe side.

Good luck!
Unread 06-13-2007, 03:13 PM

I had all of that but the pain to eat. It does ease up, I promise!! Like suezeeque said, I would definitely check about painful urination. I still have pain with BMs, but it is not as bad. I know it is no picnic, but time will pass quicker than you think!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2007, 04:54 PM

Yep, been there, done that. Gas-X helped me alot. Hang in there. I felt much better by the 3rd week.
Unread 06-13-2007, 05:10 PM

I had my TAH/BSO the day before you did. I definitely had the same experience at first, but it seems to have calmed considerably now. I started eating a yogurt every day (to restore the bacteria in my gut after the antibiotics), and I have some bran every day too. That did seem to help. Occasionally I do have some painful gas, but just relaxing and breathing through it has worked so far.

Hang in there!! It does get better And you know there are lots of others out there with similar experiences. That's helped me a lot
Unread 06-13-2007, 05:52 PM

when I had my tah/bso in january, i had mad gas for a few weeks, I used gasx! drank lots of water, took my stool softener, are oatmeal and things It still hurt to have a bm for me as well >>>I think that your insides are so sore from being messed with thats why it hurts to go! It eased up for me after the 2 week mark.. each week got lots better all around..
be sure to talk to your Dr about all of your problems, maybe he can do something about it? I wish you good luck and speedy recovery! Let us know what you find out!
Unread 06-13-2007, 07:19 PM

Me too! And when I ate I was in so much pain, so I could only eat very small meals for the first 5 weeks.
Unread 06-13-2007, 07:28 PM

I had this incredible gas under my ribs on both sides. Everytime I stood up or moved, I could hardly breathe. Called the doc who said that it was either left over gas they left in or the stuff they use to rinse you out, leaving fluid behind which can cause really bad pain. I was in agony. Today its all but gone. It has to be reabsorbed by your body. I was grateful to God that it left. I have developed fever, but my urine seems ok. I really dont know what to think. I pray that you'll get well very soon and that this will all be a memory, one which you dont have to recall.

Blessings
Peachy
Unread 06-13-2007, 08:37 PM

I am so sorry you feel so blah. I had the same surgery with bladder repair the day before you but have not experienced any of that thank god,I went through dehidration but that it.
I do know from past surgeries lay on your left side for whatever rason gas passes easier that way, I was also told anytime you have to have a bm breathe through it just like you would labor pain or contractions, don't know if this helps but I wish you luck!!!
Unread 06-13-2007, 08:45 PM
Feeling great !!!! thought I would share

O.K TAH with bladder repair on May 30th just 2 weeks post op and I feel GREAT!!!!!
NO gas problems
NO eating problems
NO BM problems
and I QUIT SMOKING!!!!!!!!!
I can even walk up to my 3rd floor apartment.
The only issue I had was dehydration.

It can happen, you can have a great recovery!!! I just can't tell you all how lucky I feel.
Just thought I would share the good news, OK and (brag a little ) LOL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register