Post Op Appt from LSH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post Op Appt from LSH Post Op Appt from LSH

Unread 07-23-2007, 10:31 AM
Post Op Appt from LSH

Hi ladies.. I have been reading numerous posts about post op appt's, but they seem to be from Abdominal or Vaginal Hyst's. Can anyone share what their post op from an LSH was like and what it entailed? My appt isn't until the 8th of August, but I was just curious.

Thanks for the

's!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2007, 04:18 PM
Post Op Appt from LSH

Hi Wanna..

My post-op is tomorrow, I'll let you know what to expect. I am curious too. Dr said come in 3-4 weeks so I made apt for 3 weeks hoping to get released to do whatever I want. I'm feeling great and would like to have retrictions lifted if its healthy.

We should have had the drive-thru LAVH in TX. We could be golfing now!! What a crock.

Unread 07-23-2007, 04:33 PM
Pattypat

Thank you sooo much for replying. I think that my post got lost in the shuffle. Please do let me know what happens tomorrow.

Yeah, drive thru hysterectomy.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattypat
Hi Wanna..

My post-op is tomorrow, I'll let you know what to expect. I am curious too. Dr said come in 3-4 weeks so I made apt for 3 weeks hoping to get released to do whatever I want. I'm feeling great and would like to have retrictions lifted if its healthy.

We should have had the drive-thru LAVH in TX. We could be golfing now!! What a crock.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2007, 04:39 PM
Post Op Appt from LSH

i had an internal at my post op and was released for all activities except for super heavy lifting.
Unread 07-23-2007, 04:41 PM
Dressedin blue

Was it painful?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dressedupinblue
i had an internal at my post op and was released for all activities except for super heavy lifting.
Unread 07-23-2007, 06:07 PM
Post Op Appt from LSH

WannaBPainFree,
I had a 2 week post op and was bleeding. The doctor did a pelvic exam but I don't know if he would have any way?? I had to go back a week later and he did another pelvic cuz I was still bleeding.
Good news is neither exam was uncomfortable, barely felt anything and both times I had silver nitrate treatments. Hope this is a little helpful.

Debbie
Unread 07-23-2007, 08:38 PM
Eskie

Yes, it was helpful, thanks! I guess I am just anxious that after all my body has been thru the exam would be uncomfortable. But I guess it can't be any worse than when I had my huge fibroid and enlarged uterus and he stuck his hand up there, right??

Please forgive the naivety...what are silver nitrate treatments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskie1
WannaBPainFree,
I had a 2 week post op and was bleeding. The doctor did a pelvic exam but I don't know if he would have any way?? I had to go back a week later and he did another pelvic cuz I was still bleeding.
Good news is neither exam was uncomfortable, barely felt anything and both times I had silver nitrate treatments. Hope this is a little helpful.

Debbie
Unread 07-23-2007, 09:15 PM
Post Op Appt from LSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBPainFree
Hi ladies.. I have been reading numerous posts about post op appt's, but they seem to be from Abdominal or Vaginal Hyst's. Can anyone share what their post op from an LSH was like and what it entailed? My appt isn't until the 8th of August, but I was just curious.

Thanks for the

's!!
I was scheduled for a post op in week 3, but the Dr. was not available, so the nurse asked a few questions and that was it.

At eight weeks, I actually saw the Dr. The only thing she did was look at the incisions (I still had some steri strips that did not want to come off by themselves) She removed the strips, looked at the incisions and asked a few questions.

I didn't even have to chance my clothes.

A few weeks later, I did have a stitch abcess. Three days of antibiotics, and all was well again.

Unread 07-23-2007, 09:17 PM
Gizmo

Thank you for responding.

Wait a minute... you still had steri strips on your lap incisions after EIGHT WEEKS!!!???? Wow, mine came off on their own after the first couple of days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoCat
I was scheduled for a post op in week 3, but the Dr. was not available, so the nurse asked a few questions and that was it.

At eight weeks, I actually saw the Dr. The only thing she did was look at the incisions (I still had some steri strips that did not want to come off by themselves) She removed the strips, looked at the incisions and asked a few questions.

I didn't even have to chance my clothes.

A few weeks later, I did have a stitch abcess. Three days of antibiotics, and all was well again.

Unread 07-23-2007, 09:35 PM
Post Op Appt from LSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBPainFree
Thank you for responding.

Wait a minute... you still had steri strips on your lap incisions after EIGHT WEEKS!!!???? Wow, mine came off on their own after the first couple of days.

Yep, they were there after eight weeks on two of my three incisions. I called my Dr/s office and asked about it. They told me to let them fall off. Well, they never did.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register