Emotional but still have ovaries - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Emotional but still have ovaries Emotional but still have ovaries

Unread 12-18-2011, 09:07 PM
Re: Emotional but still have ovaries

I think you're right Sugarand spice... if we knew the issues, some might have changed their mind. However, when you need to have the surgery done, you need to have it done no matter what. Patients should be informed. I was unprepared too! Right down to the point of not having enough stretchy pants to deal with swelly belly!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2011, 09:33 PM

I was hanging tough with my yoga pants and trying to wait out the swelly belly. I gave in and bought stretchy waist dress pants and also jeans. A size or two bigger than I usually wear. They aren't comfortable but I can wear them for short periods of time. I'm not a happy camper.
Unread 12-18-2011, 09:48 PM

Well, this is my first time posting...I was also going to create a new post but then found this one. Thank God for this site and the rest of you ladies! I'm a little over two weeks post-op (12/2). I had my cervix, uterus, & Fallopian tubes removed. Kept both ovaries (other than losing about 10% of left one). I've mostly felt great but woke up today feeling very sad and, occasionally, angry. Don't know why. It's been an emotional roller-coaster. I'm so glad I can feel okay sharing with you guys! It makes me feel a little less neurotic!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2011, 10:02 PM
Emotional but still have ovaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldilox99 View Post
Well, this is my first time posting...I was also going to create a new post but then found this one. Thank God for this site and the rest of you ladies! I'm a little over two weeks post-op (12/2). I had my cervix, uterus, & Fallopian tubes removed. Kept both ovaries (other than losing about 10% of left one). I've mostly felt great but woke up today feeling very sad and, occasionally, angry. Don't know why. It's been an emotional roller-coaster. I'm so glad I can feel okay sharing with you guys! It makes me feel a little less neurotic!
Take heart Goldilox, it does get better. There are a lot of emotional and physical aspects that come out of nowhere and surprise us. I knew I would be unhappy post op because I didn't want the surgery. But I was knocked off my feet by the intensity of my anger and depth of my sadness. I had to talk to my doctor about it. And to top it off I have more pain than pre op, so what was the point? But I am the exception it seems and with time you will feel better and the surgery will fade into the background. Treat yourself to the little things that make you happy and focus in how much you love your family.
Unread 12-18-2011, 10:13 PM

My surgery was Dec 7th and I have been feeling the same! I think things are starting to awaken though. I haven't cried all day. Whohooo! Beats sobbing in bed ALL day. I even cried at a gun show commercial. I remember thinking what if that was the ONLY thing to go to and there was nothing else to do but I hate guns, I wouldnt have anywhere to go. So I bawled. Makes a lot of sense doesnt it! I can giggle about it now, but at the time I was so sad and so serious. I'm a bit ticked off that I wasnt warned that this could happen. My husband just happened to go ahead and ask to work from home. Had I been home alone as bad as I was feeling in the first week post op, its hard to say what I might have done had I been alone. Thank goodness I had him with me even though he had no idea what to DO with me, he just listened. I'm super swollen too... will be buying new pants before going back to work next week for sure! hang in there, when the ovaries wake up it gets a LOT better.
Unread 12-18-2011, 10:50 PM

When do the ovaries wake up? I have to go back to work on the 27th. And I have to buy new pants to wear at work. The ones I have fit, but they hurt after awhile. I cry at the littlest things and get mad about things easy. Ugggh!!!! I can't wait for it to get better. Everything else seems to be getting better but this.
Unread 12-19-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarandspice View Post
Take heart Goldilox, it does get better. There are a lot of emotional and physical aspects that come out of nowhere and surprise us. I knew I would be unhappy post op because I didn't want the surgery. But I was knocked off my feet by the intensity of my anger and depth of my sadness. I had to talk to my doctor about it. And to top it off I have more pain than pre op, so what was the point? But I am the exception it seems and with time you will feel better and the surgery will fade into the background. Treat yourself to the little things that make you happy and focus in how much you love your family.

Thanks for the reply and encouragement, Sugar and Spice! It seems that the doctors aren't totally preparing any of us for what follows surgery, other than the basic after-care. I have an excellent doctor, but he basically just asked if I had any questions. How do we know what questions to ask, sometimes, if we don't know what might could happen? Maybe the docs just don't know what they should tell us to expect, since everyone has a different experience? I'm so glad I ran across this site. I feel better, today...but I guess that could change at the drop of a hat. LOL. Well, here's hoping we all feel better, each day. Thank you, again, S&S. I hope that you feel better, physically and emotionally, as time passes.
Unread 12-19-2011, 05:07 PM

Hugs to you Goldilox. It's not an easy journey but don't forget we're women and we're up to the challenge!
Unread 12-19-2011, 05:26 PM

You too, Sweet Lady! Love the name, btw, S&S! Happy holidays to you and your family! I'm here if you need to chat.
Unread 12-19-2011, 07:33 PM

Ok, I had a check up today....I'm 19ish days post. Got a little spotting, so the nurse says...better let the doc check it. You gals know the drill. Strip down below the waist and assume the "position". Doc and nurse half way through the exam (my legs in the air) when I get a text message notification from the phone in my pants across the room. No big deal to me, however, I doubt they were ready for a motorcycle to drive through the exam room revving it up as both of them jumped! We ALL had a good laugh on me! I WILL remember to turn my cel to vibrate next time, though. Guess I wanted to share a giggle....I'm having a better day. I hope you gals are, too!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register