Sides are painful at 3 weeks post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sides are painful at 3 weeks post op Sides are painful at 3 weeks post op

Unread 09-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Sides are painful at 3 weeks post op

Hi Ladies. Does anyone else have the pain in your sides? It is more like a pulling sensation with a bit of burning right where the ovaries used to be. I mean its not horrible, I just figured that would all be in the past by now. I haven't taken pain pills for about 3 days now, but am seriously considering it. I fear if I take one, the pain will go away and I will end up over doing it. AGAIN. Seems everytime I feel great, I over do it. Maybe I can break one of these Percocet (sp) in half? My DH tries to keep me down, but I feel awful for him doing everything around here, working full time, caring for the chickens (we have LOTS of chickens), AND trying to keep the DS (4yr old) busy. I did unload the dishwasher, load it again and made hamburger helper today. Didn't seem to make it any worse. I just don't know. Is this normal at 3 weeks post op?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2009, 09:48 PM
Re: Sides are painful at 3 weeks post op

Tomorrow is 4 weeks post-op for me. Today I have had all kinds of little annyoing pains. Some, not so little. I think it's perfectly normal.

Today I went to work for about 3 hours and I have not napped today (first time not to nap since surgery) so I think either I pushed too hard or just notice the pain more.

I still take 2-3 Vicodin a day depending on the pain. It's not bad pain but Tylenol and Advil don't do anything for it.

I probably wouldn't suggest loading/unloading the dishwasher. I've been dusting and cooking but all that bending is probably not a good idea. Be careful!
Unread 09-10-2009, 10:21 PM

Three weeks is still really early in the healing process. It feels like forever, and as a busy mom I'm sure you're feeling guilty for the things you think you should be doing, but as you know you have tons of internal stitches that need to heal and you'll be doing yourself and your family a big favor if you take it easy. Besides, if you have a 4 year old, I can just about guarantee you're doing more than you think you are. Go easy on yourself - let DH pamper you and concentrate on healing!

I still have twinges now and then. In fact they've been pretty bad today and I considered a pain pill, but decided not to. I think the pain will continue to come and go for quite a while. ((hugs)) Hope you feel better soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-11-2009, 07:29 AM

Thanks ladies. My next post op visit isn't until another 2 weeks. My husband insists that I do NOT overdo anything. I had started bleeding over the labor day weekend (while the doctors office was closed, naturally), anyway it wasn't much. Not as much as like it was on the period, but enough. lol. Anyway, it was enough to scare me and my whole family. I am better now, not bleeding at all. Just achy sides. Thanks for the info sisters!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register