Doctor said okay; I say no - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Doctor said okay; I say no Doctor said okay; I say no

Unread 10-14-2008, 02:46 PM
Doctor said okay; I say no

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyscorpio
((((Susan))))

I can relate to the post traumatic stress feelings. I had a TAH on sept 23 and came to in recovery to discover that they had chose not to reopen my C-section scar but had in fact giving me a second battle wound !

I understand as well the discomfort with ooking at it oursellves and thinking how could he want me like this. I find when those feelings creep in I have to remind myself to slow down and remember that this amazing man just spent 6 days at my bed side holding buckets while I emptied my stomache of all its contents. It was this amazing man as well who helped me to shower when I could barely move. And it is this man whos STILL thinks I am the most beautiful creature on this earth.

All I can say is trust him through this and he will love and support you through it all... although it coud be an excuse to make a trip out for a llittle retail therapy in the form of some negligee for that first night back together!!!

Good luck and don't forget that we are all here cheering for you !!
OMG, you give me so much to think about. And you are so right. I must concentrate on the positive. He just told me the other day that I was as cute as I was at 35, so I guess I should believe him. And you seeing a new scar, geez, that's just not fair. But I will remember what you said. Thanks for your wisdom!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2008, 03:06 PM

Susan:
I hope that you see that you are not alone in your feelings... I would also like to suggest that you post under the Cancer Concerns, where a lot of us had our TAH/BSO 's for endometrial/uterine cancer...
I too am one who was never sick, no aches and pains, etc... One small spot of blood on the panties sent me to the gyn for a pap.. (normal), and then on for a D&C (cancer diagnosis)... What a shocker... I think my scar is really ugly, but I am hoping that they caught everything early enough. I think the two gyn/ gyn/onc fought over which way to do the cut, because at the bottom it (scar) is almost a half inch wide... and really "puckered".
Can't figure out if I had too much skin left over when they got down there or what.. Long story short, I continually have a pulling sensation directly over my bladder... And I never had incontinence before either... now I squeeze my legs together if I sneeze or cough...
It's funny the things that we feel are important don't even enter into the doctor's mind... like how we look or feel about ourselves post surgery.
I realize my bikini days were over long ago ( I am 55) but we still like to look good for our men... Wishing you nothing but the best and when you are ready, I am sure he will be waiting with open arms.
Unread 10-14-2008, 03:30 PM

Susan and Libby and all the ladies,
I was just thinking about you today and hope you are feeling better. i have experienced PTSD over other situations in my life so I do understand how it feels. I think I read somewhere that sometimes it is could to see a counselor after a traumatic experience like you went through. I believe in them sometimes if they are good. It helped me quite a bit at times. I also recommend Kava Kava in a tea or pill to take the edge off when I am anxious or stressed. My Dr. said that was o.k. to take when I need it. I took some yesterday prior to my appt. because I am a wimp and stressed myself out.

Susan, please don't feel guilty about expressing your concerns here. We love you and are behind you through all of this. Each of us is different and recovers in different ways. The great thing is that we have each other and some days are better and more encouraging and some days are tougher. I pray you have many more good days and the Lord blesses you and you know you are in his hands. Hugs.
Tonya
Unread 10-14-2008, 03:56 PM

Susan, I hope you're feeling better.

My TAH was 7/28 and I'm still recovering, and scheduled tomorrow morning for an ultrasound and possible aspiration at the hospital (outpatient, thank heavens) because of recurring hematomas, so I know what you mean about the slow healing. I just want to get well, doggonit!!!

When I look down at my tummy I either see a cross or an anchor, I'm not sure which.
Unread 10-15-2008, 09:15 AM

To all my HysterSisters: I am so impressed with your courage and support at any given moment. When you tell me your situations and then turn around and tell me it will be okay; I can only believe you. Tonight when I get out of the shower and see the vertical scar I'm going to say....thank you God. That's it--no pouting, no being mad, no anger, Just thanks for letting me survive this. If my anger is coming from the fear of my own morality, then I will confront that also. You ladies are just the best, most perfect friends I've ever had.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register