Sharp pain 6 weeks post hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sharp pain 6 weeks post hysterectomy Sharp pain 6 weeks post hysterectomy

Unread 11-29-2016, 01:15 PM
Sharp pain 6 weeks post hysterectomy

Hi everyone! I am 6 weeks post op this Thursday. I went for my only post of checkup yesterday. I had a very short vaginal exam and my doctor says I am healing fine. I told him I had been having sharp pain for several days what seems between my vagina and rectum. He said I needed estrogen cream...I have not had a urinalysis or bloodwork post op.
The sharp pain comes and goes. I usually have this pain at the end of a urine stream also. It can hurt to stand up and sit down. I'm just not sure if vaginal dryness could cause such sharp pain. Any advise would be helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2016, 03:02 PM
Re: Sharp pain 6 weeks post hysterectomy

Hmm. Vaginal dryness usually causes itching, burning, irritation and general discomfort. I've had it twice since my surgery before my ovaries "caught up" with where I was post-op. Aside from feeling it after urinating, mine didn't come on like yours while standing or sitting, and the location was vulvar-vaginal. It's not uncommon to have twinges and zingers internally while we're healing, and healing does continue beyond 6, 8 weeks out to several months. The way you describe your pain, though, it doesn't sound like that.

There's an article on Vaginal Dryness, and yes, one of the things suggested is an estrogen treatment, as estrogen plays a role in vaginal health. I take it you're not on HRT right now? I'd be willing to give it a try at your doctor's suggestion and note how it's going. If it doesn't work, or you notice pains getting worse, another call and visit would be the next step to eliminate other possibilities.

Unread 11-30-2016, 03:16 PM
Sharp pain 6 weeks post hysterectomy

Thanks for your reply. The pain that I am having has continued for about 5 days now. It is more like discomfort while walking, when I first stand up and sit down. It doesn't seem to be going away. It is interior and feels like where the cuff would be. I did call my doctors office yesterday and the nurse still insisted using the estrogen cream. I told her I did not have any exterior burning or itching and that my pain was interior. She still told me to use the cream. So, I will start the cream and pray they are right. Just doesn't seem right to me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register