Emotions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-27-2012, 12:49 PM
Emotions

Today i am 17 days recovering and i feel kind of sad. I know that i needed to do this but i keep thinking how much i really wanted at least one more kid. I was wondering if anyone can relate. I know that i have to be here for my two wonderful kids and even though i wished for three kids i should be happy i have two. I am even having dreams about having another. I dont know what to think anymore. The pain is terrible the feelings are all over the place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2012, 01:27 PM
Re: Emotions

I had a tubal liagation a long time ago, so I did not plan on having anymore children. I have noticed feelings of sadness come over me at the thought though. This is it. No more kids. I have three grandchildren, but my daughter lost two before they were born. That hits me also, that my grandson is probably the last child and I will get sad.
I know this is not the same situation as yours, but I think it is common for us as women to have this sense of loss. I am happy with my decission for a better quality of life, but there are some things to work through.
HUGS-Michelle
Unread 08-27-2012, 01:35 PM

It is the loss over our fertility Hun. It is our right as a woman to have babies. We are giving baby dolls to play with as small children. This is what we ladies do and want... Family and children. I had a tubal when I was 19 after my 2 nd child was born. I didn't want that at all but I was forced into it by my husband. 3 years later I was a widow. I got remarried but still had that " baby fever". I ended up going threw IVF and had twins. When I was told I had to have my hyster I was knocked over. I knew this was it. No more babies for me ever. I knew I was done having children but the thought of this upset me terrible. It is final and that us that. What you are going threw is so very normal hun and I am so sorry you are feeling this way. It died get better with time. Hang in there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2012, 01:53 PM

I also had a tubal 8 yrs ago, no more babies were in my future....but when I have gone to the doc for my post op appts, I can not help but feel sad for anyone else who might be sitting around the waiting room in my position....surrounded by pregnant ladies.
Unread 08-27-2012, 03:04 PM

I have been a little emotional over the loss of my fertility too. I had a tubal in '10, so it's not like I was going to have more anyways, but somehow since my hyster it's hitting a little harder. Makes no sense to me so in blaming it on hormones. Sending you hugs.
Unread 08-27-2012, 04:29 PM

My one child is 11 years old, and we planned to never have another. Last night, though, I dreamed of babies. I was sad in my dreams, but fine when I woke up. I'm blaming hormones too!
Unread 08-28-2012, 12:14 PM

Thank you sisters that makes me feel a lot better knowing i am not the only one feeling this way. I had a tubaligation after my daughter was born but i thought it can always be reversed, so when it came to getting it all taking away i was upset but happy that i will be able to spend quality time with my two kids. I guess it is like anything time will heal that. I am so grateful for this site.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register