endomyometrial resection for adeno? | Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

endomyometrial resection for adeno? endomyometrial resection for adeno?

Unread 06-30-2005, 01:45 PM
endomyometrial resection for adeno?

hi, you may have seen my post concerning ablation vs. hyster. why is it that my doctor never told me about endomyometrial resection? apparently ablation doesn't work very well for adenomyosis. but from what i've read endomyometrial resection could be an option. does anyone have any information on it? success stories, etc.

i would appreciate any info i can get.

thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2005, 10:01 PM

Hi

Is that what is referred to as "debulking"? My newest doctor (3rd opinion) does it. When I asked him to explain the procedure he said let's do the BC pills first before we talk surgery. So he didn't get into it. However, in his book it mentions that you have to try to get all of it or it will come back.

MM
adeno confirmed by MRI
Unread 07-01-2005, 06:23 AM

Hi,

I think the resection is for adenomyosis that is in confined areas, often these areas are misdiagnosed as fibroids, most is scattered throughout the uterus. If you've got defined areas of adeno then it may be a option for you, if you've got it scattered throughout your uterus then it probably won't do much good for you, as it would be impossible to get all areas of the adeno.

You can find out more information by googling it.

I hope this helped.

Debra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2005, 06:52 AM

Hi again,

I just find it strange that there is so much you can do to help women with gyno problems but yet with adenomyosis it is so limited.

I'm still dealing with the reality that I'll probably be having a hysterectomy. It's not that I want more children or I'm afraid of surgery (had 5 major and few little ones), had cancer and have a few other health issues right now. I just hate that once again my body is acting like an alien and there's nothing I can do personally to *fix it*. I am afraid of menopause symptoms and problems. Got too much going on with other health issues to add to it.

Sometimes I just wonder if I should just tough it out. Live with the symptoms instead of doing some life altering action.

Sorry about the ramblings......feel crappy today and I guess it shows already, LOL. Have a wonderful holiday weekend ladies.

all the best
margaret
Unread 07-01-2005, 08:38 AM

talked to the doc about this yesterday. he said doctors can't really see what they're taking out, described it as a "shot in the dark" procedure. his explanation left me somewhat mad, because i felt like everything he was telling me was based on how easy the procedures would be for the doctors as opposed to how my life would be affected by these procedures.

*punch*

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register