Please help- it's late and I don't want to disturb my Dr (9/2) UPDATE: Torn cuff! | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Please help- it's late and I don't want to disturb my Dr (9/2) UPDATE:  Torn cuff! Please help- it's late and I don't want to disturb my Dr (9/2) UPDATE: Torn cuff!

Unread 09-02-2017, 12:06 AM
Please help- it's late and I don't want to disturb my Dr (9/2) UPDATE: Torn cuff!

I had my hysterectomy on June 28, 2017. I have one ovary and my cervix left. I had sec tonight for the first time and things went great! We kind of stopped and went back to it a couple hours later, and again it was going great. Until I had a severe, sudden pain! Then immediately my partner saw blood. This was about 2 hours ago. The bleeding has gotten better (still there though) but the pain is still pretty bad. The blood doesn't bother me- to be honest I expected it. It was the severe pain that happened so suddenly. I'm afraid my cuff is ripped or something terrible. I saw my Dr on Aug 14, and she said she still felt the top stitch line of slowly dissolving stitches. But she cleared me for sex that weekend. She said the stitches would dissolve slowly over time and no one would know they were there. So it's 2:10am est- do I have her paged? Do I go to the hospital?? Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-02-2017, 02:59 AM
Re: Please help- it's late and I don't want to disturb my Dr

FlaNative,
I am confused. You might want to talk to your doctor. To my understanding, those of us who keep our cervix do not have a cuff. I didn't have a cuff. My vagina ends at my cervix which they did an ablation on. Keeping my cervix which was healthy allowed me a faster healing time and hopefully better pelvic floor strength.
If you do have a cut where stitches could be felt, then you might have ripped the cuff. There are several threads about that very thing here if you use the search feature. Either way call your doctor in the morning to check in and see if you need to have an appointment. I am so sorry you are in pain.
Unread 09-02-2017, 04:05 AM

Thanks, Twitch. I'm sorry, I must be confused as well. I definitely do have my cervix. Honestly, this hysterectomy was not planned and came just 3.5 months after I had another major surgery, so I didn't ask a lot of questions! Lol! Plus I was in pain! Anyway, the pain is still as intense as it was many hours ago but the bleeding is better. It's just after 6am here. I will have the Dr paged around 8. I'll let you know what they say! Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-02-2017, 06:23 AM
Please help- it's late and I don't want to disturb my Dr (9/2) UPDATE: Torn cuff!

So my Dr and her NP are not on call this weekend. I did speak with the covering Dr and she said if it was a significant tear, there would be more blood than what I'm experiencing. So if things get worse, proceed to the ER and call her. Im hoping a day of rest will make it all better! I will be calling my Dr first thing Tuesday morning when the office reopens.
Unread 09-02-2017, 08:12 AM

if you kept your cervix, you wouldn't have stitches in your vagina or a vaginal cuff. it sounds like you had your cervix removed and you are bleeding from the cuff. if you keep bleeding and the pain gets worse, you should probably go to the ER.
Unread 09-02-2017, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaNative View Post
I had my hysterectomy on June 28, 2017. I have one ovary and my cervix left. I had sec tonight for the first time and things went great! We kind of stopped and went back to it a couple hours later, and again it was going great. Until I had a severe, sudden pain! Then immediately my partner saw blood. This was about 2 hours ago. The bleeding has gotten better (still there though) but the pain is still pretty bad. The blood doesn't bother me- to be honest I expected it. It was the severe pain that happened so suddenly. I'm afraid my cuff is ripped or something terrible. I saw my Dr on Aug 14, and she said she still felt the top stitch line of slowly dissolving stitches. But she cleared me for sex that weekend. She said the stitches would dissolve slowly over time and no one would know they were there. So it's 2:10am est- do I have her paged? Do I go to the hospital?? Help!
I would definitely have her paged. If you can't get a hold of her GO TO ER... something could really be wrong.
Unread 09-02-2017, 08:54 AM

Thanks, Dressedupinblue. I know I sound like a complete moron not knowing what I actually have! If I was reading someone else's post, I'd be thinking "what an idiot". But in the perfect storm of life, I just really didn't pay attention. Obviously I do NOT have my cervix like I thought because I'm 100% sure about the stitches thing. I will definitely pay attention when I go see her Tuesday. Honestly until last night, I hasn't even googled anything about hysterectomies or things like this. My Dr is a founding DaVinci physician, so I trust her completely. If the bleeding gets worse, I will definitely go to the ER, no question about that. As of right now, it's slowed tremendously.
Unread 09-02-2017, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Stiles View Post
I would definitely have her paged. If you can't get a hold of her GO TO ER... something could really be wrong.
Thanks Hon! I did get to speak to one of her colleagues since she's out of town. I feel comfortable with her advice. If the bleeding gets worse, I will go to the ER immediately. As of now, it's slowed tremendously. She said if it was a dangerous tear, there would be A LOT more blood. I'm controlling my pain with Tylenol and rest.
Unread 09-05-2017, 07:27 AM

That's great I hope every this will be well for you. Many prayers sent your way. Keep us updated about what happens..
Unread 09-07-2017, 11:50 AM

Hi Ladies-
Just saw my Dr and my cuff is TORN!! Have to have surgery in the morning to fix it. I can't believe this.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register