Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 04-Sep 10,2017 | Hysterectomy Recovery Reports | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 04-Sep 10,2017 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 04-Sep 10,2017

Unread 09-04-2017, 04:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 04-Sep 10,2017

If your hysterectomy was between Sep 04-Sep 10,2017 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your hysterectomy recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns instead of including the question in your update! There is information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here? or you can use this link: Post a New Topic in the Post-Op forum.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

We hope you are recovering well with plenty of rest and water and a bit of walking. Don't forget to pamper the princess!

How to use the Recovery Progress Reports thread:

• 1. This thread is for the purpose of sharing updates on your recovery as you heal from your hysterectomy.

• 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress and to share encouragement with your surgery week Sisters.

• 3. Remember to start a new thread on the Post-Op message board to ask your questions.

• 4. The Progress Report threads now begin in our special forum for all Hysterectomy Recovery Reports and will remain there for you to always find your discussion.
  • 5. Remember all the love and support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of women helping women!
  • 6. You can also share support and experiences with post-op members in all phases of recovery in the Post-Op Hysterectomy Support forum by replying on the new threads they create.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-04-2017, 08:08 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 04-Sep 10,2017

Princesses to your Recovery Progress Report thread and the Otherside,

This is your thread for sharing with and caring for your kind sisters and caring for yourself. It will be as helpful as you make it. You can compare experiences, share progress, vent frustrations, ask questions and just generally find understanding.

I am your SunshineSister and remember how good it felt to have my surgery over. I am here to say "You are not alone" and to share my personal experiences and the things I have learned from other sisters. I had my DvH/BSO with rectocele & cystocele repairs 1/16/14 and had a slow but uncomplicated recovery.

Recovery is different for everyone and there is No Normal but we will have similarities to share. Initial recovery usually take 6-12 weeks and full healing can be up to 1 year. You know your body, listen to it. Heed any warning signs and please go slow. Healing will be faster with no overdoing set backs.

Make sure your profile has your correct surgery type, this is helpful as some answers to questions depend on this. Also while you are editing, where you are in this wide world can be fun.

So some Sisterly advice:
- Be kind to yourself & listen to your body.
-Follow your Dr's orders and limitations
-Accept help from family and friends. You just had MAJOR SURGERY!!
-Drink lots of water and eat healthy tummy friendly foods
-Rest,Rest, Rest, and Rest
-Walk a little each hour that you are awake (to bathroom, to get a cup of tea or glass of water)

Feel free to ask any question about anything that comes up or if you just need a cyber ((hug)). ASK.

This site has some great articles, so explore while you are doing some of that resting. Lol You could start at the top of screen with Articles in grey letters. The big blue bar helps with info also, including Hysteretomy Checkpoints. I really liked this. It let me know what to expect as I progressed in my healing.

Don't forget the post op forum to ask questions of sisters farther along in their healing who might have had a similar issue or concern. I will definitely be letting you know when this is a good idea.

So as you begin your healing remember you just had MAJOR SURGERY! You have One Chance to get this right. So please listen to your body and take care of you. That is the main task for you the next few weeks. We are here to help. See you when you are ready to post.

You have my prayers and good thoughts for your recovery.

Lots of Gentle Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 09-06-2017, 06:13 AM
Lah bso post op. Still in hospital

I guess it went well. Not gonna lie, it doesn't tickle. Go home today. A little better since catheter was removed along with blood pressure and oxygen monitor. They had me up to take a walk 4 hours after surgery last night. Was tough but doable. Don't have the gas pain in the shoulder they talk about just a lot of cramping and i think a lot of the pain was from intestinal gas after i was finally allowed to eat. They put an estrogen patch on me and doc gave me an rx for. A lot of friends wish they did bio identicals for hair loss and memory decline so I'm doing it and my doc swears by pellets of estrogen and testosterone when a go to post checkup. She is an older, highly regarded surgeon on these procedures amd looks fantastic as she uses them herself. Signing off for now. Thank you sisters, this site has been a godsend in this journey!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2017, 09:19 AM

I had my surgery on Sept 5. It was a laparoscopic surgery on an outpatient basis. The surgery went well with only a couple of hiccups. The first was that they couldn't find a vein for the IV at first. It took a whole hour but they were finally able to get it in with the help of an ultrasound machine. My arms and hands a pretty bruised as they made 4 attempts at different sites. The second was that my uterus was a lot bigger than anticipated. They had first thought that it was 24-26 weeks big but upon entry, discovered that it was a full 9 months big--7 lbs! The only things this changed was that they had to make my incision bigger and were not able to use the bag. Not sure of the times but I went into the OR at 10:00 a.m., left at about 4:30 p.m. and we were home at 5:30 p.m.

So far, recovery has been going well. I had a lot of nausea last night and found that I couldn't get my fingers and toes warm no matter what I did. I drank a glass of water every couple of hours and ate a little food. I found that if I ate and drank really slowly that the nausea didn't interfere too much. Plus, as long as I was lying down there was no nausea. I think I had some vertigo going on which was causing the nausea. Around 8:00 p.m. I had a little bit of green beans and a couple of bites of chicken. I started feeling a lot better after that and my hands and feet started to warm up about then.
Unread 09-06-2017, 10:05 AM

Lilaconia,

So good to have you on the otherside. Wow, that sounds like a huge Uterus. So for many the important thing at this time of recovery is to stay very slow even though you feel pretty good. It is so hard not to think you can just get up and do things. Please I really can't stress this enough. Think you are doing a good job of taking care of your tummy. Make sure you add as much fiber food as sounds good to you. It will help with that first BM.

Lots of gentle Sister Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 09-06-2017, 07:46 PM
Day after surgery

Hello all,
Just an update. I've been home for almost 2 days now and already feeling really good. Feels like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders and very minimal pain. Thankfully my endometriosis was not very extensive and the surgeon was able to remove it and leave my ovaries. Still having trouble going to the bathroom but it's only been a couple days and I'm optimistic about recovery. Any tips that have worked for anyone would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to thank all of you in this community as although I haven't been posting all of your stories and experiences greatly helped in making this decision and what life may be like after this procedure. Thank you all and I hope all of you are recovering well :-)

- Miranda
Unread 09-06-2017, 08:06 PM

mutter04,

One of the hostesses moved you to the Recovery thread, so glad to have you here and on the other side. Sounds like everything is moving along. Hope continues and you can go home tomorrow. Rest as much as you can. Remember it was a bit harder with all the hospital activity. I mostly cat napped between my walks and nurse checking on me.

Gentle Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 09-06-2017, 08:42 PM

Thanks! Now home and the gas from the co2 and eating is what's killing me with pain. Drinking peppermint tea lots of water and taking a stool softener. Hope it helps and if I sleep I know I will feel much better In morning. One thing i have noticed, I'm not running continually hot.
Unread 09-06-2017, 09:00 PM

Hi mutter,

You could try heat on shoulders and neck for co2 gas. Also have heard that a pillow under bottom while lying down so shoulders are lower can keep the gas from rising to your shoulders and give it time to escape from your body through a larger area. The idea made sense to me when I heard it.

Try gasX for the digestive issue. It may take a while for things to start working properly in this area.

Hope you get some good sleep. Glad you are home.

Gentle Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 09-07-2017, 03:32 AM

Hi, I had full lap vag assisted Hysterectomy yesterday. Everything went well apparently, I too am suffering mostly from the gas both in my body and in my bowel.... good tip for pillow under bottom, will try that x am being discharged today but not looking forward to the long car journey home, about an hour and a half any tips for comfort gratefully received!! It's all done and I'm relieved! I've had this as risk reducing surgery for womb and ovarian cancer as I have a rare genetic condition, so am hoping we're one step ahead of the dreaded C xx big hugs out to all the ladies who have their own stories and have gone through and are going to go through something so major, not just physically but emotionally too xxxx

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register