help with some 4 week issues | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

help with some 4 week issues help with some 4 week issues

Unread 04-20-2006, 08:22 AM
help with some 4 week issues

Morning..wondering if anyone else has had this; the past few days I have had this very uncomfortable feeling on my right side, I guess I could say its in my groin area, if that makes sense. It kind of feels like what a pulled muscle would feel like, theres no bulging, just hurts to walk or put pressure on that side. I have been doing a lot of normal things around the house; thinking I may have strained it, or is this just another weird part of our healing process? I had a SAH on Mar 21, but kept my cervix and ovaries. I guess I havent given much thought to internal stitches, although I must have some? I feel kind of dumb not knowing these things. I hate to be one of those people calling the dr for foolish questions; I just dont want to do anymore damage if thats whats already happened. Anyone out there have any of this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2006, 08:33 AM

That is exactly what I have and my biggest complaint. Mine actually gets better as I loosen up and is worse after I use the bathroom in the morning. It feels like a groin pull and I tend to be very gentle lifting my right leg. I don't think it is anything to worry about and I am sure it'll go eventually. I am doing more and more and walking outside and going back to work on Monday so hopefully, it'll stop!
Unread 04-20-2006, 09:05 AM

I am having the same problems, 5 weeks out now. I had been feeling really great, then this started on Tuesday morning. Mine is on both sides, but worse on the right. It's puzzling, but surely it's normal. I go back on Mon for my 6 week checkup and I'm gonna ask him what's going on!!! LOL Have a good day Sisters and keep on healing!!

~Kelpn~
TAH 3/14, Cervical CIS, endo, adhesions, kept ovaries.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2006, 09:13 AM

FYI- I went for a 3 -4 week check and my dr/surgeon was not concerned. He was touching my belly with so much confidence! and did an internal for which I was not prepared for - Let us know what yours says.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register