Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 11-Sep 17,2017 - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 11-Sep 17,2017 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 11-Sep 17,2017

Unread 09-18-2017, 10:25 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 11-Sep 17,2017

Hi!I had my davinci hysterectomy on sept 15th now the 18th.... I have malignant hyperthermia(an allergy to anesthesia-any kind of gas) so was extremely scared to have surgery! The hospital and all staff were aware and reassuring! Had surgery at 730am and sent me home at 1230pm! Kept my ovaries took the rest! Thank you everyone for sharing your stories it has helped and encouraged me this whole time! I have never had any type of surgery - it was so nice to know what to expect! I had th chest and shoulder pain the first day really bad..... today my chest is a bit sore. Still- always scary to get in and out of bed! Once up I feel ok and can pace around slowly.... my dr only gave me a total of 10percocet to take every 6 hours...and naproxen to take every 12 hours..... does that sound right? Is everyone sleeping during the day and ok at night? For some reason I can't sleep in the day- wondering I should be making myself get more rest/sleep???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2017, 10:34 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 11-Sep 17,2017

My surgery was 09/15 and I was discharged on 09/17. I stated previously that surgery went well. Recovery not so well.

Last evening I experienced gas pains for the first time. Boy oh boy was that a nightmare. I tried gas x, didn't work. I tried to walk through the pain, that didn't work. So I sent my fiancé to the local pharmacy to get something that his grandmother once told us is a miracle worker when it comes to gas pains.. he went and bought me Papaya Enzymes 20 minutes after eating three I was able to expel the trapped air. I highly highly highly recommend them! They are posted bedside along with my other pills and water!
Unread 09-18-2017, 11:09 AM

So today is day 5/6 and the light pink spotting from the other day changed. Woke up with a crazy *** headache and blood on the sheets went to the bathroom and found clots along with bright red blood. Burning and pain in the stomach.... called the doc, she's in surgery so I was told to rest and the nurse will call me back by 1230...... ugh. Hoping this is normal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2017, 12:16 PM

One week since my hysterectomy and I'm feeling no pain really. I stopped pain meds (Norco) a few days ago. Been walking around a lot since the surgery and even did some shooting yesterday. I'm resting most of the time though, and had no problems with going to the bathroom at all. I'm supposed to stay off work another week, but I am going back tomorrow because they are short-handed. I will stay at my desk and let everyone else do my running though, and bought loose pants to wear for a while. I have a normal appetite and have since day one...I was actually hoping I'd lose it for a while, lol. Wondering how long I need to wait to get on my elliptical trainer...anyone? Walking around the house is getting old. I'll update after my first week back at work. I'm sure I'll be exhausted, but at least I'll sleep well at night!
Unread 09-18-2017, 12:18 PM

That doesn't sound normal at all! I haven't bled since day two. I hope all is well! Please update!
Unread 09-18-2017, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryIrish89 View Post
I'm 5 days post op. They only gave me 30 percocet to take home and have instructed me to take 2 every 4 hrs. Well I cut myself back because I knew I'd run out at that rate, I also tried to stretch my doses which was a HUGE mistake. Yesterday was one of my worst days. I'm still having trouble standing straight, when I do I lose my breath and can't speak. I started taking 1 percocet and 1 ibuprofen every 4hrs and that has helped alot, along with using a rice sock for heat. I was even able to sleep on my side last night.

If I go longer than 4hrs I end up in excruciating pain, I will run out tomorrow so I am scared. I plan to call the dr and hope for a refill. I also take a stool softener every night, but to no avail....I haven't had a bowel movement yet.
I just spoke to my gyne about similar pain (although I have been having bms for the past four days). She said it's a common symptom and that it's part of the bowel waking up. Lasts about a week after surgery and then should get better. She did say that the percocet can prolong the pain, so recommended alternating between tylenol and an nsaid, and take something to help you sleep through the pain as much as possible. But if the percocet helps enough to make the prolong worth it, then that's our choice.

Still, the pain is unbelievable. It's far worse than what I was experiencing with the endometriosis. I'm also finding that it doesn't matter if you're constipated or having nothing left in you, the pain is from the bowel and the surgery. Just got to wait for it to get better. *hugs* Good luck.
Unread 09-18-2017, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdv160 View Post
That doesn't sound normal at all! I haven't bled since day two. I hope all is well! Please update!
Doc thinks it might be a suture that dissolved that had some clots behind it. Bleeding has slowed. She wants me completely off my feet and if it increases or the nausea and weakness worsen to call her back and she will see me either in the ED tonight or clinic tomorrow. Otherwise follow up Friday as scheduled.
Unread 09-18-2017, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimcall View Post
Hi!I had my davinci hysterectomy on sept 15th now the 18th.... I have malignant hyperthermia(an allergy to anesthesia-any kind of gas) so was extremely scared to have surgery! The hospital and all staff were aware and reassuring! Had surgery at 730am and sent me home at 1230pm! Kept my ovaries took the rest! Thank you everyone for sharing your stories it has helped and encouraged me this whole time! I have never had any type of surgery - it was so nice to know what to expect! I had th chest and shoulder pain the first day really bad..... today my chest is a bit sore. Still- always scary to get in and out of bed! Once up I feel ok and can pace around slowly.... my dr only gave me a total of 10percocet to take every 6 hours...and naproxen to take every 12 hours..... does that sound right? Is everyone sleeping during the day and ok at night? For some reason I can't sleep in the day- wondering I should be making myself get more rest/sleep???
Hi Kimcall

The doctors seem to like us to alternate narcotics with NSAIDS, the specifics seem to differ from doc to doc though. Mine wanted me on Mobic (nsaid) and Percocet. With that said, if you think you would do better with different pills, you can talk to your doc about changing it up. For instance, I requested the percocet instead of hydrocodone because I know from previous surgeries that it does a better job at managing my pain.

Rest! Rest! Rest! Even if you can't sleep, just resting really helps your body heal. Pushing yourself, testing your limits, is not a good idea, especially this early after surgery. As for sleeping during the day, I honestly can't keep my eyes open half the time, and I still have no trouble sleeping at night. But you might be built a little differently. I say just listen to what your body wants, and if it only wants to sleep at night, that's fine too.
Unread 09-18-2017, 06:01 PM

Thank you Raine14!! I finally talked to the dr he said try Tylenol along with the naproxen - so far so good! I hope I'll be able to sleep tonight though!!! Thank you for the tips! HOpe you are recovering well too sounds like it!!!!
Unread 09-18-2017, 06:32 PM

Quote:

I couldn't sleep during the day either! Th
  Quote:

I couldn't sleep during the day either! The tummy binder helped with getting in & out of bed. My surgery was the 11th today I actually made my hubby take me to get a quick bite & to the grocery store! Starting to feel more like myself. Doc. said I could drive after a week but I'm not sure I could get in & out of my little car without hurting myself.
e tummy binder helped with getting in & out of bed. My surgery was the 11th

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register