TAH scheduled, feeling nervous and scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH scheduled, feeling nervous and scared TAH scheduled, feeling nervous and scared

Unread 02-04-2009, 07:33 PM
TAH scheduled, feeling nervous and scared

Mine is scheduled for the 10th........also very nervous and scared here. Im getting a total abdominal hyserectomy....the good old fashioned way :-P

Im hoping to find some good support here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2009, 09:56 AM

You've come to the right place! I had a TAH on 4 Nov, the "good old fashioned way"! LOL! The worst part was the waiting! The other bad part was the gas pains, but there are loads of ways to combat that. I'm feeling great.

Everybody gets nervous and scared; it's what we do best! But we are all here to support you and to give you all the encouragement you need. All you need do is ask.

<<hugs>>
Unread 02-05-2009, 10:11 AM

Hi. You have found the right place for caring support. I had my TAH/BSO on October 29, and I have also done very well. I had a bit of a snag with a drug allergy, but aside from that, I had a good recuperation. I hated the wait...hope the 10th comes quickly for you. Best wishes.

Barb A.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2009, 10:56 AM

I'm one week post op from a supracervical abdominal hysterectomy and I concur with everyone else in that the waiting is the hardest part!

Ask as many questions as you need to as everyone is here to help you and support you on your journey. This website helped me out so much and I'm glad that you found it as well. It's been such a gift to find such supportive women.

Unread 02-05-2009, 11:02 AM

Hi Sister!
I'm exactly one week post op today from TAH w/LSO. I can't say what worked for me will work for you, but I moved as soon as they would let me. I got up and stood by the bed four times the day of surgery. The following day as soon as my catheter was out I was roaming the halls. It hurt like heck to get up, but I felt better and better each time.

Good luck to you and keep us posted on your recovery! Waiting is the hardest part!
Unread 02-05-2009, 11:50 AM

I'm over 3weeks TAH post-op and doing really great! I know I was worried too but you know when I was getting prepped, I felt rather calm. I even slept good the night before and we even stayed in a hotel room because of weather. We had to travel an hour to the hospital so staying close by eased my mind. I was more nervous thinking I wouldn't get to the hospital rather than the surgery itself!
Only trouble I've had is bladder leakage, and that is getting alot better as time goes by. I thought I'd be in alot of pain having abdominal surgery, but it has gone very smooth w/very little pain.
Best wishes to you!!
Unread 02-05-2009, 12:37 PM

I am 15 days post op and i feel great I also had a TAH the old fashoined way.One of the only things that gets to me is the trapped wind and BM's.Get plenty of fibre in and fruit.Peppermint cordial and peppermint tea are supposed to help too.Ive also got a few bottles of prune juice in to have with breakfast.
I am on a limited amount of pain relief too.The worst part was the waiting before surgery chick.The best part upto now is realising that it wasnt as bad as i thought it would have been.I was up and about the day after.
You just have to be firm with yourself when it comes to totally chillin out.I walk 10 minutes a day and over did it one day when i upped it to 30 minutes.It put me in bed for two days.Good luck with it all flower,and no question is a bad one
xxxxx
Unread 02-05-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnstoy78
Mine is scheduled for the 10th........also very nervous and scared here. Im getting a total abdominal hyserectomy....the good old fashioned way :-P

Im hoping to find some good support here.

You have found the right place for help and support and advice! I am having a TAH on March 3rd. I thought my wait was over this week but I had to postpone the date as I have bronchitis. Keep busy and the time will soon pass. And don't forget to treat yourself well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register