To Have or Not to Have | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

To Have or Not to Have To Have or Not to Have

Unread 05-01-2005, 07:36 PM
To Have or Not to Have

Hi! I am 38 and I had a tubal about 3 years ago. Since that time, I have been experiencing extreme pain during my menustral cycle. I also have extreme pain in my lower abdomain during intercourse. I am overweight so I thought it was just because I am big. I went to obgyn and he couldnt find anything but it is still happening and is getting worse. I am not scared of a hysterectomy just the after effects. What are th eother alternatives and why shouldnt I get a hysterectomy?

Thanks I dont know what to do!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2005, 06:13 AM
To Have or Not to Have

Hi confusedlady67 To Hystersisters

I am so sorry you are experiencing this monthly pain. I can definitely sympathize with the pain of menstruation

Has you doctor ran any test to determine what may be causing the pain? Without a definent diagnosis to know what is causing the pain, I would not even consider a hysterectomy.

Depending on what may be causing the pain, will depend on what alternative treatments are available. There are a few different things that may be the cause of your menstrual pain.

If your doctor has not provided you with the proper test to determine why you are experiencing this pain and what treatments may or may not help, then I would suggest getting a second opinion from another doctor.

A hysterectomy can bring on a whole list of other problems and really should be the last option available after the doctor has tried other treatments.

You can go to our resource section and see if there may be some articles that may be helpful.
Resource database

Best Wishes
Unread 05-02-2005, 08:58 AM
To have or not to have

HI Confusedlady67: I am so sorry that you are suffering with pain, I can relate!!! Has your Dr. suggested doing a lap to see what is going on in there? That might be the first step of finding out what may be wrong. It took five years, much pain and three Drs. to find one that would do a lap. He found endo everywhere and also pelvic congestive syndrome both of which can cause very bad pain( My Dr. said he had never seen the PCS as bed as mine and has recommended a TAH, with overies too. (I am really taking my time to decide as my alternatives are not great and I am a little scared of going through the hormone jungle.) All of the other Drs. just did an ultrasound which doesn't show everything. If your physician isn't taking your pain seriously find someone who will. If a Dr. suggests a TAH without further testing I would have many questions for him and would at least want to go to someone else for a second opinion. Good luck with your decision. I am so happy we have this forum to vent, ask questions, help others, and be heard.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register