How old was your daughter when she got her first period? What was it like? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How old was your daughter when she got her first period? What was it like? How old was your daughter when she got her first period? What was it like?

Unread 11-07-2001, 05:52 PM
Differences

Everyone:
My daughter was 13 when she started her period, like my mother and I. I was always 5-6 weeks apart, but my daughter has been having problems with 2-3 week cycles for the last 2 years. I thought this problem had stopped, but now it has started again, so she has an appointment Monday, right before MY post-op appt! I presume they will put her on BCP's for a few months to regulate her. I dread her starting down this path already. But, maybe, on BCP's, her nasty PMS will get better!
I stopped in at work to visit today, and they told me now, I won't have PMS, I'll have CRS!! (Can't Remember S***) Let see, what were we talking about?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2001, 11:32 AM
How old was your daughter when she got her first period? What was it like?

Thanks for your answers! I am feeling better about Brittany now possibly not inheriting my problems. She dances 3 days a week
and cheers also, so maybe the activity thing is a bonus. (I was a skinny child but a bookworm--my exercise was lugging 6 Nancy Drew books home from the library!)
So far light flow and no cramps! YAHOOO!!! She is still looking or her breasts to grow now!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register