Take it easy or else...?..... What? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Take it easy or else...?.....   What? Take it easy or else...?..... What?

Unread 03-15-2012, 12:25 PM
Take it easy or else...? What? Going back to work?

Hellooooo dahhhhlings! I hope all is doing well, and all are healing swiftly!

I had my divinci february 16th... I have 1 ovary uterus, and cervix taken out..(those bad bad cells just wouldnt vacate my premisis! They kept inviting friends, freeloaders!) I rested well but during this time upon coming home from hospital, my doctor told me stairs were fine and keep moving... (i live on 2nd floor, I found out quick, he musta been CRAZY!)..I was lucky my pain was pretty low, though I try to follow my body and listen when I got too tired. For a week I was doing great, not even on pain meds, then suddenly I developed horrible pain and figured I must have had gotten an infection.( Doing much better now with anti biotics and higher motrin to keep swelling down.) My doctor has been almost obnoxious about his REPEATED versus of how he can "get his patients back to work in 4 weeks, you should be fine in 4 weeks".... like its his own personal patient wellness contest! .....When A.) it took me a week of calling and MAKING them do tests saying something was not right, before they realized I DID have an infection, as I was great 1st week and a half, and in horrible pain all of a sudden next week, and B.) I am a UPS Driver, so my weight limited at work are up to 150.lbs!! Plus 11 hour days of up and down stairs, lifting, pulling roll doors of truck down 200 times a day, shifting, squatting....using ALL my core muscles. I had to really lay it into my Dr.just to get 6weeks off! He made me feel like I was being rificulous to ask. I DO NOT want to injure myself..!!!....what is the best time frame..? Or any ideas?...They say you get tired easy for a long while (MONTHS!) After surgery and still healing up to 6months!?!? Omg, my job is already exhausting, any vitamin ideas to help? Financially I NEED to be back at work asap, BUT, I do not want to cause myself harm. My job does not provide light duty, unless u are injured on the job. :/Also, because of unforseen events, I haven't been able to "rest" like I should.. (rushed, carrying my kid into ER- he is 13! Not a good idea, mama bear instincts took over!... But he doing ok now) and people that were supposed to "help", werent much help. (lol my son has been great tho, so so helpful, bless his heart!)...

Any ideas or suggestions are sooo sooo welcome! Thank you beautiful ladies....this is definitly been a journey, a medical, emotional, spiritual challenge... With highs and lows...just know you are not alone..

Before I had my surgery I felt forced and was so worried that taking away our "lady parts", made me feel less of a woman. Dilly, I know, I am learning, it does not take away our sunshine, our feminitity, our divine powers we ladies possess .remember that..we are strong! YOU are amazing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2012, 01:13 PM
Re: Take it easy or else...?..... What?

I had my surgery on feb 10, no infections like you, but I am going back to work with a very physical job on monday, which is 5 wks and a few days. I really feel fine with going back to work.
Started back walking this week, 1 mile a night to help out for next week and I gotta get some more weight off. :-)
My biggest problem is insomnia has set in!!! And it is no fun.
Unread 03-15-2012, 01:19 PM

Awww thank you, I feel you on the insomnia, and weight gain, its amazing what not moving and gettin. lil sleep can do to you! arggg! Good luck back at work Gakris!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2012, 01:52 PM

Very true! You are still feminine and wonderful, either way. It is a way of being- not an organ.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register