Preop Done! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-06-2006, 11:56 PM
Preop Done!

Had both doctor and hospital preop done today and I got real lucky with no special instructions except the normal no drinking or eating after midnite Sunday night. The doctor was real busy so I had to wait about 90 minutes to see him making me late for my hospital preop but they called there. Anyway, I am suppose to have a TVH, posterior repair, anterior repair, possible ovary and tubes removal (depending what they look like) and a bladder sling.

He says depending on how bad my bladder is that I might have to come home with a catheter? Yikes! We needn't have time to fully go into that one. Anyone have this happen before? Estimated stay of 2-3 days depending on what he does and how I am.

All that happened at the hospital preop was a blood test which she didn't get it the first time so she cut me with a razor blade which is still hurting and the oxygen test and paperwork signing. I will have a IV pain pump.

Biggest shock of all was I will not ever be able to lift over 20 pounds after this surgery. That means not even the 40 pound dog food from the store. That will be a life changing event.

Thank goodness I have this board to learn what to take etc. because they sure don't tell you anything. I don't get my room first to place me belongings so they will roll with me everywhere under the stretcher until after my 2-3 hour recovery they said.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2006, 06:56 AM
Preop Done!

I had a catheter for one day only - it was my best friend that day It was nice not having to get up & stumble to the bathroom.

I'm sorry that you had to be cut for your blood work

I had a lifting restriction for a couple of months only. That's good because I sometimes have to lift my handicapped DD. Do you have someone who can lift those heavy bags of dog food for you?

Best wishes.

S
Unread 01-07-2006, 01:03 PM
Preop Done!

I just hope I don't have to take the catheter home with me though. I am trying to find where others had to.

As far as lifting, the kids are off to college so it justs me and hubby who is waiting for a transplant. Guess I will have to have the stores do it all and work out something after I bring it home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2006, 01:59 PM
Preop Done!

Morning Hopefully
Glad you got the pre-op all out of the way, sorry about the cut though (ouch) We buy 40-50 lbs of dog food here too. When I injured my back several months ago,I asked the boys at the store to load it for me, of course that does not help when you get it home. Maybe a neighbor kid you could toss a couple of $$ to ? Of course they do make the smaller bags but then you pay a little more but check the price it may not be that much. Or would a local pet store deliver maybe? We also bought one of those 30 gallon plastic trash cans on wheels that can hold about 100lbs it has a lid. We moved it into the dining room for the time being till after I have recovered from surgery so I don't have to go downstairs to get the food for the dogs. That still doesn't help you with getting it home and into the bin though, just a tip to maybe make it a little easier once you do find a way to get it from the store and into the house.

Sending good wishes for your trip to the Castle on Monday.

Deb

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register