Bathroom problems- The opposite issue? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bathroom problems- The opposite issue? Bathroom problems- The opposite issue?

Unread 04-11-2010, 08:57 AM
Bathroom problems- The opposite issue?

Hi,
Sorry if this is TMI, but I was wondering if anyone has had the opposite of constipation after surgery? I am getting a little concerned. I have not taken any stool softners (no need to) i had my LAVH 5 days ago and have not been able to keep anything in my system. It just goes right through me. I am having those pains on top of the surgery pains. I know alot of people of problems having there first BM, but my system still acts like its trying to clean itself out. I feel like my body is getting dehydrated and weak. Can this be normal? Its like my bowels are not working or overworking now. Thanks for any help. I really appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2010, 09:03 AM
Re: Bathroom problems- The opposite issue?

Are you still on antibiotics? Some will cause diarrhea.. I found out the hard way and lost 6 lbs in 6 days. Give your doctor a call...
Unread 04-11-2010, 09:09 AM

No I am not on any antibiotics. Maybe my body is just reacting different then most. But gosh its making me more miserable. I dont think having a LAVH can mess up your bowels, but I think I will call my doctor. Maybe I am just really senstitve to those stool softners they gave me in the hospital and they continue to work for a few weeks after taking one.. lol. Thanks for the feedback!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2010, 09:23 AM

Yes, do call your doctor.. they will put you on a path to get you back to normal again. I know, it is miserable!! I took a stool softener and Miralax the first two days, then all **** broke loose, literally.. they had me give them a stool sample to rule out some things, then started on Immodium AD.. whew... so, don't wait, let them know tomorrow... good luck, let me know how you are doing...
Unread 04-11-2010, 09:59 AM

It's funny, after my first c-section, I had that problem as well. I was so worried with my second c-section to take stool softeners, worried the same thing would happen but it didn't.

It could be antibiotics they gave you in surgery, it could be stress, it could be your hormones as well. Regardless, I'd call the doc and see what he recommends, they should be able to give you something.

Poor you! Feel better soon!
Unread 04-11-2010, 10:06 AM

hey there......i ended up with the same issue... went home 3 days post op,was up most of that nite going to the bathroom. i went to my out patient department the next morning ...i was dehidrated....i was given an iv... was in just over nite,,,i was on no antibiotics either...... you really should call or go see someone today.... hope things get better soon for you
Unread 04-11-2010, 11:36 AM

I've had the same issue as well. I don't know if it was caused by the antibiotics or not but I am off of all those now. I had it so severly that it actually caused what I can only describe as a diaper rash sort of rash on my skin. My skin was absolutley burned. I started using diaper wipes and Desitin diaper cream to help protect that area. The worst part is not being able to get in and out of bed quickly to run the bathroom. I hope you are doing better!
Unread 04-11-2010, 01:30 PM

One suggestion might be to eat yogurt with active cultures daily or try Kefir (a liquidy drinkable type yogurt in the organic section of my grocery store) with a lot of probiotics for your intestines.

Sending you a smile this improves soon!
Unread 04-11-2010, 02:21 PM

Thanks guys for all your help. I am going to call my doctor. I am debating if I should call today being Sunday and I will probably just get the on call doctor. It seems water is fine, I have been drinking alot of water. But eating anything doesnt stay in my sytem very long. Tomorrow is Monday so I should be able to talk to my doctor. I appreciate you all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register