4 weeks still feel like i need pain meds | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 weeks still feel like i need pain meds 4 weeks still feel like i need pain meds

Unread 05-23-2012, 02:20 PM
4 weeks still feel like i need pain meds

My doctor says I shouldn't still be in pain where I need them and he's mentioned a paincontrol clinch Im not sure what they so there or if I want to get stuck in physical therapy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2012, 03:07 PM
Re: 4 weeks still feel like i need pain meds

Did you describe your symptoms in detail to your doctor? I called my doctor about 4 weeks post op about pain and was told I shouldn't need pain meds anymore. Turned out a week later I had a really bad kidney infection. The emergency room doctor told me I most likely had a bladder infection from the surgery catheter that went untreated and moved into my kidneys.I ignored the symptoms thinking it was just post op pains and doctor wasn't hysto surgeon wasn't concerned when I called the wwek prior. Was still in pain at 6 week post op appointment and surgeon did an internal and said my vaginal cuff wasn't close to being healed yet and restricted me ,longer. She said the bladder /bowel pain I was now having was from that as the infection was cleared up. You should describe your pain to your doctor being more specific.Your doctor might think your just looking for pills so pushed you off on the pain clinic.???
:cathugs:
:cathugs:
Unread 05-23-2012, 03:14 PM
Re: 4 weeks still feel like i need pain meds

Have you been back to the doctor for a post op exam? If not, call and see if you can get in to talk to the doctor about your pain. Most people don't need prescription pain meds at the 4 week mark, but there are exceptions. If you had your cervix removed, have the doctor check to see if you are healed. If your doctor has examined you and still thinks you don't need prescription pain meds, then a pain clinic might be for you. (We've had some members who have used accupuncture with success. Might be something else to look into.)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register