What do they look like? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What do they look like? What do they look like?

Unread 08-17-2013, 03:25 PM
What do they look like?

Hi ladies, I'm 3.5 weeks post op from TAH/BSO (well one ovary, already had one removed 7 years ago), as well as hernia repairs. I'm posting today to ask what the vaginal cuff stitches look like? When they're coming out.. I've had some stuff that almost looks like cervical mucous the past couple of days, and today when I had a BM (sorry for the tmi) I had a lot more in the toilet.. No bleeding, my post op bleeding stopped a few days ago.. It's definitely coming from my vagina because I'd noticed it on the TP other times.. Any help is appreciated. Thanks y'all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2013, 03:31 PM
Re: What do they look like?

I had disolvable Stitches in my Vaginal Cuff * TAH/BSO * so I would not have seen them as they disovle and not falling out. phewww
Unread 08-17-2013, 03:35 PM

See, I wish I knew what kind I have in there. Lol. I know the ones in my belly are dissolvable, just not sure about my cuff. I would think they're dissolvable, but I could totally be wrong. Maybe they are and that's what I'm seeing?! Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2013, 04:14 PM

My stitches were like how you described yours. I would have a mucous like stuff on the toilet paper. I remember seeing it for a short while, then it stopped.
Unread 08-17-2013, 04:40 PM

Awesome! At least I'm not going crazy. Lol! I knew there was no way it could be any type of sexual leftovers or lubricant since I'm not released for that yet.
Unread 08-17-2013, 05:18 PM

Mine looked like short pieces of thick thread, brownish-purplish.
Unread 08-17-2013, 06:38 PM

You are still too early to have them dissolving yet... I have 2 different type of stitches... one looked like thin, silky, black thread... the other looked like thicker, clear, fishing line. At 5 weeks mine had not even started dissolving...

Probably natural fluids produced by the vagina or cuff healing.
Unread 08-17-2013, 09:26 PM

I remember looking and seeing clear thread like material in the mucous like stuff on the toilet paper. I went in at 2 weeks and 6 weeks for my post op appts with my surgeon/doctor. When I asked him, he told me that it was normal. He also told me that my tummy would get flat again when I complained about my lil roll of flab, but I'm still waiting for it to disappear!
Unread 08-17-2013, 10:28 PM

I think we all have dissolvable stitches in our vaginal cuff... Otherwise our doctors would have to go in there and remove them The sutures vary in color and thickness depending on which suture material your doctor used. This information is usually available on the OR report (if you have obtained a copy). Some women report seeing bits of stitches come out while others (myself included) don't see any. The time it takes for them to dissolve varies again depending on the type of sutures and typically takes 3-6 weeks, sometimes even longer.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register