Prolapse fullness feeling | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Prolapse fullness feeling Prolapse fullness feeling

Unread 08-12-2005, 04:00 AM
Prolapse fullness feeling

I have just been diag with prolapsed womb. the docter said it was a mechanical problem not bladder infection. I have the feeling of something falling out of my vagina. but not constantly. some days is much worse than others.accompanied by weeing alot.having no energy (or very little)back ache. would pelvic floor excercises help?....ineed some advice .I just moved to area so know nobody..family estranged..husband...well what can i say ..any advice would be greatly appreciated.im just 41.... oh and also would hrt increase the problem?. I was also diagnosed with fibroids 2 yrs ago.. i would love to hear from all hyster sisters..love scardypants (lisa)xxxxxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2005, 06:40 AM

Hi Lisa

I have a similar prob, accompanied by cystocele (bladder's headed south too...). No incontinence but I need to pee a lot, then sometimes hardly anything comes out

Didn't the doc who gave the diagnosis give you some advice?? My family doc diagnosed my probs, and told me to do pelvic floor exercises (with what? those muscles are shot!!) and lose weight - well I;m working on that one. Also got a referral to the gynaecologist, appointment at the beginning of Sept. So we'll see what happens... trying to psych myself up for the idea of surgery but hoping it won't come to that.

Hope this helps a little

Bibliophile
Unread 08-12-2005, 06:46 AM

Hi Lisa! A prolapse causes pressure and can interfere with urinating. Think of your uterus as a sock, with prolapse the sock is turning inside out. I had the same thing and when I sneezed or coughed it felt like a balloon coming out and going back in. Did your Dr discuss treatment options? If it is not too severe you can use a pessary which is a ring fitted inside you by the Dr that pushes your uterus back where it's supposed to be. That relieves the pressure and can help with the bladder problem. HRT is not necessary as long as you still have ovaries that are functioning. I had pelvic floor therapy with a physical therapist who specializes in pelvic floor exercises. It was definitely strange (Kiegel,hold, two three, tighten harder,two three) but worth a try. You don't mention where you are from, I'm sorry you don't have a support system but we're here for you whenever you need us! Good luck and let us know how things are going.
Michelle
TAH,BSO, Anterior and Posterior repair
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2005, 09:06 AM

Lisa:

I, too, can sympathize with you on the bathroom issue. I don't have incontinence, but definitely relate to going to the bathroom constantly. After awhile, I got use to always feeling something down there. You are correct, some days feel worse than others.

I wasn't a candidate for a pessary because I Jazzercise 2-3 times a week and wasn't willing to give up sex.

I've had a lower back ache, but nothing that's unbearable. Yesterday, I was bothered with gas pain. I thought I was being stabbled with a knife. Gas-X really helped alot .

I empathize with the estranged family. DH is usually pretty good. Last night he was useless - he had a tooth ache and was tired.

Are you a member of a church? Maybe there is a support systems in place for people without family support.

Best of luck. What State do you live in?
Unread 08-12-2005, 11:09 AM

This is the major reason I had my hysterectomy. I was misdiagnosed a few times as having a UTI by a GP. When I got the feeling something was "falling out" I went to my gyno. My uterus was enlarged and infected and falling, but that time it cleared up with antibiotics.

This is what I refer to as the beginning of the year from heck (I teach and it was last year as the school year began.) Every month as I ovulated, I could feel my uterus move down very low, thereby causing my sex drive to go away. I had to pee all the time, and very little would come out, but the pressure to go was intense.

Then around Easter I developed fibroids. My dr recommended a hysterectomy. I have to say that I felt the risk out surgery was a better risk than to go on attempting to live my life as I was living it. So far my risk has paid off. I'm not perfectly back to health, but I certainly don't have pain and discomfort anymore.
Unread 08-12-2005, 11:20 AM

I have a prolapsed uterus and am having a FAH on the 29th of this month. The first couple of months it drove me insane because what a horrible feeling that something is about to fall out of you. Very annoying but not painful. Now I think I am much more used to it, but it still bothers me. I find that if I am on my feet too long or do too much it drops even more. I am usually relaxing in a reclyner or laying on the couch every evening. Can't wait to have the surgery..recover and get on with my life.
Unread 08-12-2005, 11:34 AM

hiya bibliophile .Scardy pants here.(lisa is my real name)thank-you for yor reply it really cheered me up.its nice to talk to people that are in same position as me,without feeling i might be boring them.im new to computer and internet ,so i hope im pressing all the right buttons.speak soon.xx
Unread 08-12-2005, 11:39 AM

candy apple lady. scardy pants here. Lisa is my real name thanks for your reply.It really cheered me up .Also amazing that some one from america can communicate so easily. im from swindon .60 miles from london England im new to all this computer stuff.so i hope i get this through to you ok. speak soon lisa(scardy pantsxx)
Unread 08-12-2005, 11:46 AM

laf1015..scardypants here (lisa is my real name)thanx for yyour reply.glad to know you havnt given up sex ..imon the verge of doing so , and it is causing trouble..you did give me a giggle though.. i live in swindon england . which is 60 miles out of london. im new to all this computer lark ,and im just hoping this message gets to you .. please keep well untill next time scardy pants lisa xxxx
Unread 08-12-2005, 11:50 AM

BIBLIOPHILE scardy pants here (lisa real name thank you for your reply.it cheered me up.i hope this gets to you as im knew to computer stuff, and hope im pressing all the right keys..keep well we will speak soon xx

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register