Calling all insomniacs.... | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Calling all insomniacs.... Calling all insomniacs....

Unread 06-02-2011, 11:19 PM
Calling all insomniacs....

Here I am again, wide awake, but soooo tired at the same time!! I had hoped that this was done, but I guess no such luck.

Anybody else awake right now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2011, 11:27 PM
Re: Calling all insomniacs....

Ugh!! I had that too in my early weeks post op. I have sleep issues anyway and take Ambien. Well even with the med I would only sleep 2 hours. For some reason I could go to sleep but then I would wake up!! It got better after things leveled out.
Unread 06-02-2011, 11:32 PM

I hope so!!! This doesn't seem to have a pattern either. One night I will sleep just fine and then I'll have a few nights of this and then have another night of sleep.. and so on. I haven't said anything to my docs because I am afraid of getting dependent on meds. But this is getting old.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2011, 11:35 PM

I have been off and on with it. Some days, like today, I am up til all hours, then others, I sleep some. Never well, never a lot.
Unread 06-02-2011, 11:35 PM

Yes!! I NEED DRUGS!!! I miss sleeping. It was my favorite. :0(
Unread 06-02-2011, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyace View Post
Yes!! I NEED DRUGS!!! I miss sleeping. It was my favorite. :0(
AMEN Ladylace!! Sleep was the best!! And maybe ur right, maybe drugs r the answer.
Unread 06-03-2011, 12:03 AM

Oh yeah.....I fall asleep between 2am - 7am. When I finally fall asleep......hopefully the cat, my husband, or cell phone ringing doesn't wake me. Before surgery sleeping was my passion......LOL.......I love resting. I return to work on Monday and I will have to resort to sleeping aids. This has been going since the beginning. I needed a sleeping pill my second night in the hospital. I never asked my Dr for a prescription. I went out today to buy a natural sleeping aid. I will try it out on Saturday. I will be 6 weeks post op on Sunday.
Unread 06-03-2011, 12:18 AM

My dr office told me I could take benadryl, but not at the same time as I take the lortab. Since I am pretty much off the lortab, I tried it this am. half a dose. LOVELY nap. I meant to take some earlier, but didn't. was fooling around with my phone. should have, then I wouldn't be all upset and stuff. to heck with it. I am going to take it now. My resting is more important than a *maybe* visitor. Right? Yep.
Unread 06-03-2011, 12:22 AM

Insomnia every night. Most nights I cannot get to sleep until 1 or 2 am. Part of the problem is that I am sleepy around 9:00 pm, but my aunt (85 with arthritis) stays up until 11 and I have to put her cpap mask on her (sleep apnea). Then when she's in her room her TV is so loud it can wake the dead. She's deaf in one ear and hard of hearing in the other. sigh. She misread the time on her watch, so I wait while she's getting ready for bed. I try and take my shower right before I go to sleep in order to be as relaxed as possible.

I begged the md to let me stay in the hospital an extra night so I could rest. lol.

Pleasant dreams ladies.

Dee
Unread 06-03-2011, 01:48 AM

Same here.
Not every night, but almost.
I am going to try to go to bed.
Nite nite.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register