Scheduled dVH/RALH Upcoming hysterectomy - too much time to think | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy - too much time to think Upcoming hysterectomy - too much time to think

Unread 01-10-2015, 08:08 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy - too much time to think

I am scheduled for my hysterectomy on January 27th. I have had 2 months to ask questions of my doctor, read books on the procedure, and of course watch you tube.
All this has kept my mind occupied, but now as preop is scheduled for next Friday, I feel anxious as though everything is moving so fast! Do I want to go back to the time when I was leisurely looking through my options? NO
I don't know what is wrong with me. My Dr and I reached this conclusion after several d and c procedures for post menopausal bleeding. I am having all my parts removed so as to spare me worry and having to have this done when I am even older. I just don't want to be a baby about a surgery that countless women before me have already been through.
Has anyone out there felt like this as the date approaches?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2015, 08:36 PM
Re: too much time to think

You know, I actually felt pretty calm about it all. This surprised everyone as I have GAD. I just wanted it over with, so that the little alien would be gone so that I could eat and pee properly again. Some people just have anxiety moments regarding surgery as it can be scary thinking about it. After you are done, you will,probably think, this was better than I thought.
I am sure that you will be ok. Just think of all the good it will be for you.
Unread 01-12-2015, 03:47 PM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy - too much time to think

Please do not blame yourself for being anxious. On one hand, sometimes we dread the date approaching, while other times we just wish the date was here to get things over with. I shared these feelings too. What worked for me was reading the tips other sisters had on the site for getting prepared for surgery and how to get my room ready for post surgery. These actions made me feel as if I was more in control.

Prior to your surgery, try to spend some time with positive and supportive friends and family, doing things you enjoy. Keep your mind busy by reading, good movies, ...whatever helps you relax and eases up your strength.

Best of luck and you can and will do this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2015, 05:06 PM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy - too much time to think

Thank you ladies for the understanding. I saw my Dr yesterday for the last time before surgery, and he calmed the last of my worries. He almost had me laughing when he was examining my stomach (I think to feel adhesions?). I saw his fingers push down and spring back and I told him " nothing there but fat". I am hav
ing preop testing on Friday and I hope everything comes back okay. I will be a basket case if I have to wait much longer.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register