Im so chicken Im thinkin of backing out | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Im so chicken Im thinkin of backing out Im so chicken Im thinkin of backing out

Unread 08-11-2005, 11:37 AM
Im so chicken Im thinkin of backing out

My sign in name almost doesnt seem appropriate this week as I have 1 month go to and I am becoming really scared. I have waited 2 months so far because I am not able to take off from my business in the summer months. My date is scheduled for 9/12/05. Maybe I have had too much time to think about it. I am scheduled for a TH but my Dctr wont say vaginal or not until we have our next visit 9/6. She tells me then she wont guarantee and that once under anesthesia she may still have to cut my stomach. Did anyone else have this experience? I am maybe 25 lbs. overweight, does that make a difference? I have numerous fibroids but none of them massive in size. I have never had any other surgery. I guess thats why Im so scared. I almost feel like backing out of this. Murphy's law is that last month my cycle was not so bad. I usually suffer with nausea, horrible back pain and very heavy flow. If I have another easy month I will really be unsure of what to do. Is there anyone out there like me?r
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2005, 11:50 AM

Oh my..sound alot like me, I just don't have any fibroids. My problem was heavy flow, and WAS anemic. Went in for my pre-op and my iron pills are working great! Also, have a 2nd degree prolapse. Last 2 months, flow has almost been normal! I have my TVH on Monday and have thought many times about backing out. Last year almost scheduled one, and period went normal on me...then it started all over again. So....still weighing pros and cons! I probably will go through with it, but doc said I can still change my mind anytime up until I go under the anesthetic. He had a patient one time, was having a tubal, changed her mind on the table. !!!!! I don't think I'll do that to him, and I'm almost 85% sure I'm going through with it. I've had a tubal and gallbladder surgery, so not so afraid of the surgery, just afraid about making this major decision. Good luck on your decision...it has to be yours and yours alone!
Unread 08-11-2005, 12:14 PM

Many women feel like you especially with a long wait time until surgery.

While I don't know why you are having a hysterectomy, it is true that often times scheduled procedures such as a VH or an LAVH must revert to a TAH. There can be several reasons for this:
adhesions
suspicious masses found only during surgery
1 organ(s) being stuck together, etc.
Unfortunately, there are those times when the unexpected (TAH) has to be performed.

I just had a scheduled LAVH/BSO and was thankful my DR didn't have to revert to a TAH. By the way, I doubt very much being 25lbs overweight would be cause for a change in plans.

Being scared and nervous is totally normal, I was too. My DR gave me meds to keep me calm up until my surgery date. Perhaps yours can do the same, it really helped me.
Please keep this thought in mind...
If you cancel, think of the likelihood that you would only have to face starting this all over again...I know you don't want that to happen.

We're all here for you to lend experiences and support to see you through this...as many women say, the waiting really is the worst part.

Please keep us posted and stay strong.

Heni
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2005, 12:19 PM

It's me again...
I just noticed we don't live far from each other

Where are you having your surgery?
Unread 08-11-2005, 12:20 PM

i am having a tah. this is due to my womb being unstable. i hope you find the right decision.yes it can be difficult. but my decision is my final one ,but everybodys reason is different
Unread 08-11-2005, 12:23 PM

I had my TAH on March 9th and even though I was totally mad that "my body let me down" and I was worried about the pain, I went through with the surgery as planned. And I have not regretted my decision a day since. Especially when I was told that I had adenomyosis and my flow would not have gotten any lighter. It was the right decision for me. I understand you are nervous, but trust in your DR and yourself. You can do this. I no longer have to worry about getting up out of the seat in my boss' office and leaving a sign. Tracy
Unread 08-11-2005, 12:23 PM

Harbor Hospital ,Baltimore,Md.
Unread 08-11-2005, 06:38 PM
abdominal

I'm having some issues myself, not knowing shich type of suregery I'm having. How did the Dr. end up performing yours?
Thanks,
Partner
Unread 08-11-2005, 07:07 PM

Harbor Hospital, hmmmm,
I'm relatively new to MD and I have never heard of that one.

Mine was performed at Hopkins, one reason was I only wanted the gyno/onc DR there to do it.
Unread 08-12-2005, 06:38 AM

I go on 9/12/05 so Im not sure how it'll end up. Still nervous though!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register