Prolapsed uterus and still waiting - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Prolapsed uterus and still waiting Prolapsed uterus and still waiting

Unread 08-08-2005, 06:28 PM
Prolapsed uterus and still waiting

I am scheduled for a TVH on August 18th due to uterine prolapse. I have actually had this for 12 years. It even caused me to have a premature birth. Before I had an endometrial ablation for heavy bleeding, my uterus was large and heavy, often causing me to need to push it back up in. The ablation reduced the size of it quite a bit and it was staying up somewhat better. However, I have now developed a cystocele and rectocele as well. The cystocele is third degree so my ob/gyn finally decided to do the hyst and repair the others. I think what upsets me the most is that I had to have both my ovaries and fallopian tubes removed last November due to borderline Stage I ovarian cancer and my ob/gyn left my uterus in. So back to surgery I go again, UGH!!!
Best wishes with your surgery.

kjmay39
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2005, 07:48 PM

Since you have to wait so long for your surgery, why don't you ask to be fitted for a pessary. It's a ring that fits in your vagina and pushes the uterus up to the correct position. It's easy to put in and take out. I was fitted with one and I felt better immediately and knew that I had to have the surgery.
Unread 08-09-2005, 05:22 AM

Beachlady I have waited this long a few more months for me is not going to make much difference.

Kjmay I feel your pain that burns me when they do a serious surgery on you and then a year later you got to go back because they refused to remove all of it. Thats the reason why I am so glad they are taking everything including the ovaries. I dont want to go back a 2nd time because they left one. They really are not much use to us anyway and my doc gave me a choice of taking meds that would put me into menopause or have them removed. Well hey either way I was going into menopause so get rid of them. I wish you all the luck and will be praying for you when surgery comes.

Thank you gr8fl for your kind words and prayers. I too will pray for you when time comes for you. Your just around the corner and your propablly about ready and getting a little anxious. I know I would be.

Boy am I ready but I got to wait a couple more months. But thats ok the time will move along as I have other issues to deal with that will keep me busy enough. Like the big restless leg that they can't get under control and the fact they found three nodules on my lungs when I had a xray done before my laproscope a couple months ago. So it's been a horrible year for me but will get through and am looking forward to next year being much much brighter.
Unread 08-09-2005, 07:09 AM

Ladyfair,

Thanks for your words of encouragement. If it will make your decision about removing your ovaries any easier, I can offer some words of encouragement. It really has not been that bad for me without my ovaries. I have been taking HRT and don't feel much different. However, I was instructed by my ob/gyn to go off of it last Friday due to the increased risk of blood clots HRT can pose during surgery and recovery. I have been off the hormones for 4 days and have had no hot flashes, only a mild sweat last night. Actually, I feel a little more energetic (that might be anxiety about next week's surgery though). Anyways, I hope your health outlook improves for you this year. I know I am praying that mine does because I am very frustrated with all of these health issues (not to mention I just went through a divorce this past year too - finalized on 06/02/05). Good luck with your surgery!!

kjmay39
Unread 08-09-2005, 08:00 AM

I have had a tipped uterus all of my life with problems urinating due to the uterus laying over my bladder and have used a pessary off and on when necessary. A few years ago I started feeling "funny" down there, whenever I sneezed it felt like a balloon coming out. I had uterine, bladder and rectal prolapse. Two weeks ago I had a TAH, BSO and Anterior and Posterior repair. Even though I have had a few complications I can tell you that it feels so different there now. The pressure is gone and it feels like it did when I was younger. Definitely no regrets!! Good luck with your surgery and best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Unread 08-09-2005, 08:13 AM

thanks candyapple I am really looking forward to my surgery and i am sure the others here are too. Your right there is a ton of pressure down there and the potty thing is horrible due to the uterus. Not only the peeing but the other from the rectum.

kjmay sorry to hear of your divorce and that you have to go through this alone. It stinks to not have someone there to help you through the tough times. I got married last year june12th and it has been health issue after health issue but my hubby has been wonderful and says the same as me we are ready for me to feel better so we can move on. I had pre-op with my doc the day before our aniversary and had larposcopic surgery on the 16th. Really made for a wonderful aniversary weekend as I had to go for pre-op at the hopital on the 13th. Anywhoo I really do wish you the best I know it can be very disscouraging when your alone and no ones there to help you with the pain.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register