Is it common to go on lupron right after surgury? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is it common to go on lupron right after surgury? Is it common to go on lupron right after surgury?

Unread 02-07-2006, 06:11 PM
Is it common to go on lupron right after surgury?

My doctor is putting me lupron and bioidentical. What experiences have others had with lupron after surgery? 12 days very nervous!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2006, 07:25 PM

(((bondi))) do you have endo? The only ladies I've heard of using Lupron (plus add-back HRT) after a hysterectomy/BSO are some who've had endo. It's not common, but not unheard of. Would your DR consider letting you use natural progesterone instead of the Lupron, so there'd be less risk of side effects?

s,
-Linda
Unread 02-07-2006, 07:37 PM

I do have endo. I guess it is supposed to help eliminate the endo cells before they start to grow back. Maybe I should ask him about the natural progestorone. He said I will be taking testosterine and estradiol. Is this different from natural progesterone. This is one of the reasons I'm so uneasy about surgery b/c I feel like I need to know more about the hormone area! Thanks for your info.!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2006, 07:53 PM

I too have endo.. My doctor is letting me use depo provera prior to surgery and after surgery we are going to start me with the lowest HRT estrogen (I assume a patch) and I will also be using natural progesterone cream. I have used it for years for my endo and I know it has helped me in the past and I hate to stop using it.

My doctor specializes in endo and menopause so he knows alot about this stuff. I'm glad I researched on my own.

Have you taken lupron in the past? When you first take it you get an estrogen surge.( that's when I had horrible side effects) I have heard of doctors using it prior to surgery, but I've never heard of it after a hysterectomy. ( your doctor is going to remove all your endo after your hysterectomy right?)

Remember it is your choice and please research lupron. There is advice about when to take it and for how long. Maybe there is info about it after hyterectomy too.

Sharon
Unread 02-08-2006, 05:49 AM

I'm going to call my doctor today. I'm suprised that this does not seem to be a common practive.
Unread 02-08-2006, 06:19 AM

bondi ~ do what is best for you just make sure the doctor can remove all your endo no matter where it is.

that will definitely help you.

If you need more info please email me and I'll try to help

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register