Got my date! 7 June here in Christchurch | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Got my date!  7 June here in Christchurch Got my date! 7 June here in Christchurch

Unread 05-17-2012, 04:46 AM
Got my date! 7 June here in Christchurch

Hi friends
I'm booked into <> on 7 June for a TVH and getting nervous now. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks Maddy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2012, 09:13 AM
Re: Got my date! 7 June here in Christchurch

your surgery is the day before mine so i know what ur talking about with the nerves i am scheduled to have a LSH on june 8th i am keeping my right overy that is if it still looks healthy during surgery and my cervix
Unread 05-17-2012, 03:18 PM

Hi cuddle1977,
Where are you? I'm in New Zealand. It's a scarey time isn't it? I've been told I'm having a TVH but I guess it will depend on the size of the fibroids. I hope to find out more information at my pre-op discussion on 1 June. I can't believe it's actually happening now! I've been requesting that they do this for the past 6 years and the last 2 gyneacologists I had refused to do it. But this new guy is really good and he understood where I was coming from! Good luck to you - let's keep in touch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2012, 04:22 AM

Hi there pozzie58 and cuddle1977 I'm booked in for a total hysterectomy but keeping my right ovary on the 8th of June. I'm scared and relieved that its finally happening I wish you both all the best and be nice to keep in touch
Unread 05-21-2012, 06:03 AM

Hi, my surgery is on the 6th June, and I am getting nervous as well. I'm sure the next couple of weeks will go quick. (hoping anyway!) I am keeping both ovaries. I am hoping for a TVH but may have to change to TAH. Good luck to you all with your surgery.
Unread 05-21-2012, 07:21 AM

hi pozzie i hope ur surgery goes smoothly and sarah i too am keeping my right ovary but i am also keeping my cervix my dr said that sence my last 3 paps have cameback normal after having abnormal with HPV i had the abnormal cells frozen i would not recommend that to anyone and would not do it again ever and i told my dr that but with my heavy bleeding and sevear pain and my cyst on my left one has grown in a months time from 4.3cm to 5.6cm he wants to go ahead an do the LSH but depends on how things go when he goes in he may hve to switch to abdominal i am hoping that it will go as planed but never know

good luck to us all hoeing for a smooth surgery and recovery the recovery i am concerned with more then the surgery due to i am diet controlled diabetic and dont heal right and i have no pain tolerance (as in i cant handle pain at all!!!!!!) so we will see how things go
Unread 05-21-2012, 01:40 PM

My recovery is my only concern also my tolerance to pain is extremely low so i no how you feel on that one. Pozzie i'm from nz also but way down south in invercargill, i dont really have much advice apart from keep busy. Which i sure everybody has said to you already ( my family are telling me same it gets a little anoying after a while )
Unread 05-21-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pozzie58 View Post
Hi cuddle1977,
Where are you? I'm in New Zealand. It's a scarey time isn't it? I've been told I'm having a TVH but I guess it will depend on the size of the fibroids. I hope to find out more information at my pre-op discussion on 1 June. I can't believe it's actually happening now! I've been requesting that they do this for the past 6 years and the last 2 gyneacologists I had refused to do it. But this new guy is really good and he understood where I was coming from! Good luck to you - let's keep in touch
i am in the usa texas to be exact best of luck to u with ur hyster
Unread 05-28-2012, 06:34 AM

Hello fellow kiwi,

Just wanted to wish you all the best. The hardest part is the waiting!
All the best
Unread 05-28-2012, 04:10 PM

Hi Rainbow,
Thanks for your good wishes! I am getting nervous - a bit worried about my blood pressure. Where are you and when did you have your op? I'm also a bit worried about being bored cos I hate just sitting around but I know I have to rest. My hubby is going to be looking after me and my mum is helping out. Don't have kids to worry about.
Just wish it was all over now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register