Post-op Hair Loss? Is it a side effect of anesthesia? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post-op Hair Loss? Is it a side effect of anesthesia? Post-op Hair Loss? Is it a side effect of anesthesia?

Unread 09-28-2012, 08:25 AM
Re: Post-op Hair Loss? Is it a side effect of anesthesia?

Here is a link:

http://www.cleveland.com/healthfit/i..._hair_los.html

Best to all of you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2012, 09:38 PM

Does hair loss ever stop or grow back? I'm three weeks, post-op -- was not able to keep either ovary. On Vivelle .5 -- I have always had fine/thin hair to begin with. I'm scared I'm going to be bald soon if this keeps up! I'm in tears in the shower watching it come out in handfuls.
Unread 10-01-2012, 12:59 AM

my hair is falling out like crazy i dont like it as i was finlly trying to get it to grow back long again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2012, 01:18 AM

I had my TAH a year ago. My hair fell out lie crazy for the first month, stopped and then a few monts started up again. I cut it into a Bob which helped take the weight off and now I see some baby hairs growing back around the hairline. My hair stylist told me to try Nioxin as she has seen ths before after hysterectomy when the cuticle dies off.
My opinion is that this surgery is a major shock to the body, not just the anesthesia,, change of hormones etc. but everything combined.
Unread 10-01-2012, 04:05 AM

Hello
I had the same after my TAH, my hair was falling out a lot. I put it down to the anaesthetic plus the fact that I wasn't washing/brushing my hair as much.
I went to my hairdresser after about 4 weeks and she commented that my hair was definately thinner but there was definite regrowth of about 4 weeks. It's almost like the surgery shocked my hair out and then new hair started to come through straight after. I have that weird bum fluff round my forehead as well!
Unread 10-01-2012, 05:26 AM

mine is too! I have long hair and it seems it is coming out more than normal I swear I am not going to have any left!
Unread 10-01-2012, 09:09 AM

Thanks, ladies! I stopped by my stylist's shop the other day for a bang trim and asked her. She confirmed that I am crazy and a dirt bag apparently. Since I've only been washing it every other day since surgery and keeping it up most of the time instead of styling it every day like I typically do, I'm just noticing it when I'm in the shower. She said it is totally normal to lose 50-100 strands PER DAY! My hair is pretty long, so one of my strands is like two or three of someone else's. She said it is still thick and with no bald spots! I do have some breakage from wearing it in a clip all the time and from lolling about with my head on a pillow.
Unread 11-25-2012, 02:48 PM
Post-op Hair Loss? Is it a side effect of anesthesia?

Hello. I want to ask if any of you ladies has found a soloution for the hair loss. Thank you
Unread 11-25-2012, 02:55 PM

I had a spinal fusion done a year ago and my hair was falling out alot and I was told that it was from anesthesia. So it could be hormones and anethesia.
Unread 11-25-2012, 06:19 PM

My hair is growing back again after 15 months. Finally!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register