Adenomyosis? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-22-2007, 02:03 PM
Adenomyosis?

I am new to this and not sure what to do. I went to my Gyn finally for the first time after having my son (he's 11). Doctors petrify me, I have had 3 surgeries throughout my life and with each one I ended up with staff infections and pancreatitus when they removed my gallbladder. Needless to say having an operation is going to take a lot of convincing.

I am 33 years old and my Gyn did some tests, when they did the vaginal sonogram they found fibroids the size of a fist, my one ovary is attached to my uterus and the other is bent under, my uterus is 2 times the size of a normal person. In addition to that he stated it seems that I have andomiosis, which is different than endometriosis. I think I stopped listening to him when he mentioned a hysterectomy.

I see a lot of things on endometriosis however not a lot on andomiosis. Apparently they are the same except andomiosis is on the inside of the uterus. I guess my question is, is there anyone that is familiar with this and is a hysterectomy really necessary?

Any information or thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2007, 03:05 PM
Adenomyosis?

We have many resources regarding adenomyosis you might want to read to learn more about adeno. The good news is that a hyst is a cure for adeno. The bad news is there is not a 100% diagnosis until after the hyst!

We have many ladies here on the site who have had adeno and many who are currently dealing with adeno. You can do a site search to find their many threads.

You may also want to browse through our Resource Database to learn more about your other conditions such as the fibroids and enlarged uterus.

Before consenting to having a hyst, I highly recommend you seek a second opinion as well. Know your options, research information discussing your medical conditions, and make the right choice for you!
Unread 02-22-2007, 03:12 PM
Adenomyosis?

Hi,

I just had a tvh on 1/24. I was having irregular bleeding and tried a few other things before my hysterectomy (one of them being the novasure ablation). I did find out after my surgery that I had adenomyosis. This means that the lining of the uterus is growing into the wall (the muscle) of the uterus and sometimes through it. From what I understand it can grow through and attach itself to other organs. You only can find out that you have this once the uterus is removed. I was told that eventually it leads to heavy bleeding and can cause constant bleeding which I believe was starting to happen to me. I can understand your fear of surgery but I can tell you that this surgery is done all the time. Talk to your doctor about your fears and see if there is anything else he/she can recommend (different route to take). Good luck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register