Late surgery time really bugging me, 3pm | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Late surgery time really bugging me, 3pm Late surgery time really bugging me, 3pm

Unread 10-05-2004, 06:39 AM
Late surgery time really bugging me, 3pm

Are late surgery times as bad as I am making mine? I'm going to be starving, dehydrated, & you know they will be way behind schedule by then & I will have to wait all the longer. Then since the surgery is so late I probably won't be able to go home the next day. I can't believe it's so late, I hate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2004, 07:39 AM

My surgery is at 12:00 and I am stressed over that time. 3:00 pm would definately have me a wreck. I have to be at the castle at 9am so that does help a little. I will be too nervous to want anything to eat. I have already told my surgeon to have meds ready because I will be an emotional mess. Talk to your Dr. I am sure that they will you give some meds to calm you down and they tend to make me not think about eating.

Good luck to you
missy
Unread 10-05-2004, 07:46 AM

12 wouldn't be too bad, since you have to be there at 9. These ones that have to be there real early in the morning, would have been hard on me, important events before 7am give me a queezy stomach. I'd be happy with 12 though, after all I am proof, it could be worse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2004, 07:51 AM

Hi, I understand how you feel. I hate going all day waiting for something too. Especially when I can't eat or drink.

Sometimes when surgery is so late in the day they let you have a small breakfast early morning. Call and ask. Don't eat or drink unless you've been given the ok though or your surgery could be postponed.

Once, I was scheduled for a 10:30 am surgery ( minor, at a day surgery center). I was prepped and waiting ( nothing after midnight ). There was one problem after another. At noon I heard the staff ordering lunch - I could smell the food - I was hungry! Finally at 2:30 I walked to the OR. It wasn't a fun day but I did make it.

I'll be praying that you get through this all well. Talking to your dr about something to help keep you calm might be a good idea

s
Unread 10-05-2004, 08:02 AM

Stacy,
I am of the motto....if there is nothing you can do about it, don't stress over it.
I know it is upsetting to have surgery that late, but stressing will make it even worse. Try to let it go, there is nothing you can do about it.....and worrying will just make you sick.

Prayerfully,
Nancy
Unread 10-05-2004, 08:18 AM

Well, I wouldn't stress too bad with 3:00, mine is the last one on my doctor's list for tomorrow. The last surgery I had (laproscopy), I was first, the last person finally came out of surgery after 7:00. So, who knows what time I am going tomorrow, I do know, he has a full schedule and I have to be there at 10:30! So between the nerves of not eating, the surgery, the time and anything else that happens, I may be a basket case before I ever go. I am scheduled for LAVH/BSO, adenomysosis and endo have made my life miserable. So, just hang in there and if you want, we can exchange times? lol!! Do check on eating, I was told by my doctor it takes 6 hours to empty your stomach, and if I wanted to eat something light and maybe a cup of coffee, I could, I would just have to get up really early. But it is worth it to me, done it with my last surgery too, so I would definitly check on some food.
Unread 10-05-2004, 08:20 AM

The Lord is so faithful & is watching out for me! I just called the Drs office to confirm what the hospital told be & my surgery has been moved up to 12:30 & I have to be there at 10:30.
Unread 10-05-2004, 08:25 AM

Good for you - being proactive pays
Unread 10-18-2004, 09:42 AM

Well..I hear ya on the late time.I was told I won't know my time untill I phone the day before my surgery date.They also told me that I just might be early.Well I have to get up real early..give myself an enama,take a shower..do the hospital scrubsolution.Keep my cool..get dressed and head out.I will have to be there..if I am early...at 6:15.So i see myself up at 3 am.What a long day.I also though I had to go on my own..but thank god my girlfriend is going to phone in sick and take me!All kinds of stuff to think about.It will all be good once it is all over and I am awake in my hospital bed.Take one day at a time..Good luck on your day!!Think positive!!!Kathy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register