Abnormal bleeding.... Options? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Abnormal bleeding.... Options? Abnormal bleeding.... Options?

Unread 08-27-2015, 03:16 PM
Abnormal bleeding.... Options?

Hi ladies!

I'm a 35 year old mom of 3 with SVT (very rapid heart rate). I was diagnosed in 2001 with precancerous growth on my cervix and had a LEEP to remove the cells. I have since had nothing but issues with my cycle. My cycles went from being merely bothersome because they weren't regular with baby 1 to being constant and incredibly heavy and painful post baby 3. I have bled for 8 months straight and heavy enough to require a transfusion. I have tried BCP and an IUD but nothing seems to help and I was hospitalized again this Tuesday due to heavy bleeding (literally immediately soaking an overnight heavy pad and leaving a bloody trail to the bathroom). Sorry about the TMI but the doc on call is suggesting my only other option is a hysterectomy and my GYN seems to agree. In the meantime I am on a coagulant (which is messing with my SVT) and BCP again in hopes of managing the bleeding and pain before surgery. I guess I should also add that I have nothing of concern (no fibroids, etc) showing on my ultrasounds, MRI's or bloodwork (aside from the crazy amounts of blood loss). I'm wondering if any ladies have encountered this before and there were any other treatments they had tried that were successful?

Thanks in advance for all the help ladies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2015, 10:20 PM
Re: Abnormal bleeding.... Options?

Hi Gsmith

Have you inquired about ablation? Perhaps that would be a good solution for you.

I hope you are able to find the right answer soon. I am sending huge cyberhugs
Unread 08-29-2015, 10:32 PM
Abnormal bleeding.... Options?

Hi Twysmiling,

The ER Doc did mention it but my GYN told him via their phone consult she didn't feel it would be appropriate for me. I have an office visit scheduled in 2 weeks with the GYN and will be sure to probe further into the ablation before agreeing to a hysterectomy. I'm hoping whatever we decide on is an effective treatment seeing as my symptoms keep getting worse. I'm also a huge fan of the least intrusive solution to the problem!
I really appreciate the suggestion of the ablation and the cyber hug! I'd be lying if I didn't say the thought of a hysterectomy is terrifying!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register