TAH Problems 6 months post-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Problems 6 months post-op Problems 6 months post-op

Unread 11-24-2012, 08:14 AM
Problems 6 months post-op

Hello, not sure if I have posted this in the right forum, but I'm in need of a bit of advice.

I am 6 months post-op and had everything removed(TAH) due to cancer that was found post-op. Yet, 6 months on, my tummy is still sore. So, I visited my Doctor and after an examination, he said that he could feel a mass in the left side of my abdomen. He was also concerned as I had a blister a couple of days after my operation, that has scarred, and not healed. He thought it may be an infection, like MRSA or something.

surely this can't be an infection after 6 months, but I am in quite a lot of pain still. Has anyone else had a blister that has scarred? Or had a mass found? I have an ultrasound booked for next week, but I'm rather worried about what could be going on.

Thanks for your help, Tamxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2012, 10:47 AM
Re: Problems 6 months post-op

I am 8 months and going through the exact same thing. I had soreness in my abdominal muscle this whole time. It just never got better. And lately I had severe pain caused by a sneeze. It felt like something ripped inside me. I did an ultrasound that didn't show anything and was referred to a surgeon. Doing a CT scan and likely a laparoscopy to see if it's a tear, scar, or something not healing properly.

I'm so sorry you are having issues. I wanted to let you know you are not alone! It's hard to deal with, I know. Please keep us posted! I'll be waiting to hear. But you did the right thing by getting checked out. If the ultrasound doesn't show anything, keep pushing for answers. And take it easy! I am back on my butt as much as possible these days. Until I know what's wrong I'm not taking any chances!
Unread 11-24-2012, 04:07 PM

Thanks for your reply. I don't feel like I have healed well, but I blame myself as I didn't rest enough in the beginning. I'm just worried that I've done some damage and will need it repaired.

I have my scan on Tuesday, so I'll let you know what happens.

It's so nice to have someone to talk to, who understands as my hubby has no clue how to help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2012, 08:21 PM

Amen. It's so isolating! And the thought of needing more surgery is never a good one

My hubby is sick right now but is doing everything he can for me. I made him watch a hysterectomy on YouTube shortly after my surgery and he barely made it through 3 minutes before he had to walk away. He's been great the whole time! LOL!
Unread 11-24-2012, 10:23 PM

I did not have a mass or anything like that, but it did take me a LONG time to heal. I was sore and achy for almost a full year. I mean it got better with time, but I was no where near 100% till almost the 2 year mark.

Hang in there! I hope your doc can find out what is going on and it is an easy fix!
Unread 11-26-2012, 09:28 AM

Thanks for your replies. I only went to the Doctors, as I was in pain, but I assumed it was just my body still healing. The Doctor has really worried me saying that he found a mass in my tum, but my ultrasound is tomorrow, so not too long to wait.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register