Mind stronger than body, husband suportive at first, but now.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Mind stronger than body, husband suportive at first, but now.... Mind stronger than body, husband suportive at first, but now....

Unread 02-08-2015, 12:46 PM
Mind stronger than body, husband suportive at first, but now....

I am 8 weeks post op - My husband has been supportive for the most part. I have not gone back to work yet. I can not seem to get my strength in my legs and back - together again. Now he is like walk, exercise you have had all of the time off you should be feeling great. Well I want to go my body won't let me. My mind is strong. Money is tight and I know that is causing some of the stress.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2015, 01:04 PM
Mind stronger than body, husband suportive at first, but now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norma55 View Post
I am 8 weeks post op - My husband has been supportive for the most part. I have not gone back to work yet. I can not seem to get my strength in my legs and back - together again. Now he is like walk, exercise you have had all of the time off you should be feeling great. Well I want to go my body won't let me. My mind is strong. Money is tight and I know that is causing some of the stress.
Everyone recovers differently. I will be 10 weeks post op on Thursday and had an easy recovery, but I still tire easily too, mainly because of hot flashes and insomnia. So far I have only worked one day a week at the office for the last 3 weeks. I am pretty much back to my normal routine at home and I also do the books for my husbands business the days I don't work at my other job. I may go back to the office for my normal 2 days a week next week but I have not pushed myself. Maybe try a little walking first. I like the Leslie Sansone walking DVD's I am up to a 3 mile a day workout with her. I live in Canada so walking outside isn't an option right now. I'm 53 and find that although I'm doing great I could not have rushed back to work after a month like some of our Hyster Sisters were able to do, and I'm good with that. DH told me just to do what I thought was best for me, so I did. You will know when you are ready to go back to work.
Unread 02-08-2015, 07:45 PM
Re: Mind stronger than body, husband suportive at first, but now....

If you can't walk and get around at 8 weeks, I think it would be a good idea to see your dr and get checked out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2015, 07:48 PM
Re: Mind stronger than body, husband suportive at first, but now....

Hi Norma,

I am sorry you are dealing with all of this. Recovery from this surgery can take time, and everyone heals differently. Remember, you had MAJOR SURGERY - this was a very big deal. I know it is hard to have your DH pushing you when it seems he does not understand what is going on.

I know it is hard to get out when you body feels so weak. Like (((Sandra))) was suggesting, try to take small steps, short distances, and SLOWLY build up your strength.

You can also contact your doctor to see if he or she thinks that there may be something else going on.

Keep at it. We understand what you are going through, and we are here for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register