Bummed Out - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-11-2007, 01:52 PM
Bummed Out

Hey Barb. Welcome, not to worry I am sure all of us here at some point of time have felt down and bummed out. It will pass, and you will begin to feel good again with all the wonderful sisters here to give you hope and support. Here are a bunch of hugs for you. Just remember you are not alone, and the waiting time will creep up in no time. Good Luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2007, 02:13 PM
Bummed Out

I too am young, only 29, and very bummed out about the surgery. I understand completly how you feel. I found out at a yearly exam that it was finally time to just go ahead with the surgery. I knew that the Dr. saying that was a possibility but was still in shock that it really was time! I cryed all the way home and am still weepy at times. My surgery is the week before yours on the 26th of Feb. I will keep you posted on how things turn out for me! I just keep looking at the postive no more painfull ovulations and periods!! I know that it is hard to look at it like that, but it is all I can do right now to get through it! I will be thinking about you! Hugs
Monica
Unread 02-12-2007, 03:32 AM
Bummed Out

Hi

Another March 7th lady here! There quite a few of us who are having our surgeries on that day.

I also am having my ovaries out too, and believe you me, I am nervous too about that, but I know in my case, this is what I have to do, much better than the alternative of 15 or more years of pain since hormones are not in my future (due to migraine headaches).

Right now I am being a little selfish, kinda focusing on myself. Bought an Ipod, putting music on it. Got some new nightgowns and soft pjs for the recuperation at home....at least I can wear something nice, soft and new!!! It helps a little with the stress . I am keeping busy with projects at home (I am recuperating from my prior lap surgery so I am off work right now).

Best wishes for a quick "waiting" time. Keep in touch!!
Unread 02-12-2007, 03:56 AM
Bummed Out

It is normal what you are feeling. But you are still a complete woman. I just got home yesterday from having my hysterectomy and I don't feel any different. As my husband said it is just another organ. I have already had my gall bladder out. In the long run not having the hysterectomy caused more problems. I am fine and on my way to recovery but because of waiting so long I had some minor complications, my uterus was attached to my bladder because of the fibroids and the surgery took longer because of it. I am still a woman, "hear me roar". This site will help you tremendously. It did me. Best wishes. Our prayers are with you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register