bleeding 6 weeks out | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

bleeding 6 weeks out bleeding 6 weeks out

Unread 02-02-2009, 11:50 AM
bleeding 6 weeks out

Hello Sisters!

I am hoping someone can give me some advice.
I passed a blood clot last Wednesday. This was the first time I had seen any blood other than a tiny bit of spotting the day before. I went to the Dr who said everything is good, did an ultrasound, all clear

Here it is Monday morning and I started bleeding again (none since the Dr visit on Wednesday) but not a lot, just one clot then back to slight, maybe very light period type bleeding.

So, what is the deal? Is this part of the healing process?
I hope so. I'm feeling like this is not enough to go to the Dr about but I am just surprised to not bleed at all, not even a drop for the first six weeks then to start so much later on.

The episode last week followed our first attempt at "the deed" but we have not even done anything since last week so this is totally without provoking!

Please, sisters, give me some reassurance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2009, 11:59 AM
bleeding 6 weeks out

since you started to bleed after intercourse last week and not its starting again, it doesnt sound like a mini period. it sounds like leftover blood from your surgery. i bled with clots about 4 weeks out and havent bled since in 2.5 years. did you keep your cervix and ovaries?
Unread 02-02-2009, 01:07 PM
6 weeks post op

You are correct that it is probably not a mini-period but I could not think how else to describe the amount? I had LAVH w/cervix and uterus out, tubes and ovaries remain.

I just don't like the bleeding this far out. I do think it is probably the cuff but would like to know what can be done maybe to stop it?

Any suggestions/advice welcome
Dr says I am healing fine so I guess this is normal; I just don't like it!!!

dressedupinblue - do you remember how long it lasted?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2009, 01:11 PM
bleeding 6 weeks out

i dont remember exactly how long it lasted..but definitely days or longer. if you had your cervix removed, its definitely not a mini period. if it keeps up, let your dr know!
Unread 02-02-2009, 03:54 PM
bleeding 6 weeks out

I was just wondering if you may have overdone it some how. Have you done any lifting or extra things that could have caused a strain? I would keep an eye on the amount of clotting you do get and if it seems to be getting worse call your doctor.

Best of luck
Unread 02-03-2009, 01:39 PM
mini period 6 weeks out *RANT*

Honestly, I don't know what more I could NOT DO! LOL!!
I am really tired of not being recovered and still having to be so careful. I really thought I would be much better by now...I felt better the second week than I feel now.

I am back to work and I am guessing that is the huge strain/stress that is causing the issue at this point.

I went back after a month out, had LAVH with uterus and cervix out but kept ovaries, etc. I think it was a mistake to go back full time. So, all my sisters that have not gone back to work yet, please try to work PART TIME for at least your first couple of weeks! I had absolutely no bleeding, very minor discharge for the first six weeks after surgery. I am now having what I would call a little bleeding but with the occasional clot (ewww) sorry if too graphic but I figure you Gals have seen/heard worse unfortunately.

If anyone can say they experienced the same and that is resolved, offer any tips that would be great. I just need some reassurance I am not getting from the men in my life, ya know?!!

Sending Healing Vibes!!!!
Unread 02-05-2009, 10:08 PM
bleeding 6 weeks out

I had to wear a pad becuse of bleeding for six weeks. At first nothing, then some, just a steady little bit, then stitches, in the mix. I did not notice any difference when I went to work after two weeks. but I noticed more when the stitches were dissolving. I had a great recovery, with no complications and was ready to go back to work. I just could not pick up my big files. I was very careful about lifting, but I pushed it as far as I could. At six weeks I went in for my follow up and my doc did a silver nitrate treatment on the cuff. That cleared the problem up in two days. No more discharge. Which was nice because wearing a pad or even a pany liner for weeks gets itchy and irritating. Some people don't bleed at all. Some do the entire time. Unless it is heavy, I would not woryy about it and discuss it with your doc at your six week visit. But if it worries you, call your doctor's ofice because that is what they are there for.
Unread 02-06-2009, 09:40 AM
bleeding

davila,

Thanks! always nice to hear from a sister who made it thru!

I am no longer spotting/bleeding at this time, just over 7 weeks and feel better in many ways except today am achy but that is due to being back at work for 3 weeks I'm sure! I find it hard to restrain from normal activities at work, not that I do any strenuous work anyway, but I do seem to tire more easily while at work, more sore, more stressed, etc.

I think I am doing better this week than last tho so I am happy

Hope all my sisters are healing as well

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register