Scheduled TAH new to yall and June 8 date | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

new to yall and June 8  date new to yall and June 8 date

Unread 06-03-2009, 07:31 AM
new to yall and June 8 date

Hello. Just found yall with 4 days to go. I actully had been planning this for 3 years now. I was ready now im getting more nourvios by the day. I have endometriosis and this is last resort after everything else has failed and im being told the best one now. On the outside Im ok but inside its scary. Any words of encouregement and advice will be helpful. I know the recovery will be hard both mentally and physically. Please keep me in prayers and thoughts. Mine go out to everyone going through this and to their families as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2009, 07:38 AM
Re: new to yall and June 8 date

Looks like we have the same date!! I'm just keeping busy trying not to think about it. Good Luck!!!
Unread 06-03-2009, 07:50 AM

It really helped me to keep busy too, Mandy. If it helps, many of us experience a sense of calm once we are checked into the hospital. I remember looking at the clock and actually being anxious to get started. Also, you will no doubt be given a sedative before going into the OR which will make those last couple of minutes very bearable.
It is great silverdrago that you have tried a number of different things before opting for your surgery to treat endo. You can go in with both eyes open.
All the best to you ladies!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2009, 08:02 AM

i am june 8th as well. Getting really nervous - but now I stated bleeding (again) last night and in such pain. Guess this will be the last one I have.....It also makes it a little easier knowing this is why I am having the surgery!

Good luck
Unread 06-03-2009, 11:01 AM

My date is June 8th as well. I find myself switching between really calm "I could go today and be fine" and really panicked "Am I doing the right thing? How will my recovery be? Am I sure I want to do this? Have I prepared enough? Maybe I should clean the garage!"

I have kept myself insanely busy the last 2 months doing projects in and outside the house (some necessary, some not), peparing meals and checking things off on my to do list. I promised myself that this last week I would do everything in my power to stay calm and relaxed and not drive myself crazy trying to get last minute stuff done.

Each morning before I get out of bed, I've been trying to practice deep breathing to set my focus for the day. That has helped. I have taken the attitude at work of "get the critical stuff done, and anything else won't be the end of the world if I don't get to it by Friday at 5pm". That is a bit hard, especially since it's getting harder to think abuot anything else but the surgery. But I am breathing through it.

Finally, I decided to do some nice things for myself this weekend. I am going out to dinner on Saturday night and having a massage on Sunday afternoon.

Keep breathing everyone, come Monday evening, we will all be resting well after our successful surgeries...ready to embrace our new pain/period free lives!
Unread 06-04-2009, 10:11 AM

Wow. Talking to yall makes me see how common this procedure really is. I read it all the time but actully meeting others that are not only same procedure but same date I am calling it my born again day I am praying that it will make me a new person but at the same time I am scared of that. I ave lived with the pain of endometriosis for so long that I have learned to adapt my daily life to it but in just a few days that will change. I had my sign that this is the right thing to do this past friday when aunt flo decided to make one last visit and wanted to remind me why im doing this. 2 days in bed then ER here I came sick as a dog, Few hours later home counting down the days for no more visits from my dear Aunt. I am determined the recovery pain cant be as bad as all the 15 years that I have suffered. thanks for all the support.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register