Does anyone have adenomyosis...... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Does anyone have adenomyosis...... Does anyone have adenomyosis......

Unread 05-25-2004, 03:46 PM
Does anyone have adenomyosis......

I went for my ultra sound and by the way they couldn't see anything. Other than the 4 cm cyst on my right ovary. My question is can adenomyosis show on a US? She saw the cyst and measured the endo cells broke thru the lining as being 10 mm thick. That is pretty thick isn't? They can't tell me if I am pg. They drew blood to read the pg hormone. If it isn't were it should be from the last blood test then I am not pg or it isn't a normal pg. Any info can be helpful. Thanx...........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2004, 05:04 PM

Hi Taylea
I have adenomyosis too. Sometimes it can be seen on vaginal ultrasound if you have a very skilled technician, and if the adenomyosis is quite diffuse (spread out). Apparently my uterus is full of it, so it's not just confined to one small area.

It can't always be seen on ultrasound, or MRI so the only definitive answer comes from the pathologist after the uterus has been removed.

Hope that helps.
Tam
Unread 05-25-2004, 06:27 PM

My doctor thinks I have adenomyosis. I too had 10mm thick endometrium and have had polyps removed via D&C two years ago. I am now scheduled for a TVH this September. Am looking forward to getting rid of it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2004, 06:57 AM

I too have adenomyosis, the diagnosis came after an ultrasound and a vaginal probe... I am due to have surgery on June 30th.... 5 weeks from today... I cant wait...
Unread 05-26-2004, 07:35 AM

I had suffered for years with what I now know is adenomyosis.I had always had bad cramping and a heavy feeling in my uterus from ovulation to start of period, with spotting as well and it continued to worsen the older I got. I had lived with this for so long I thought it was normal.Finally at 40 years old the DR put me on some type of hormone( which made it worse) and then in February during my vaginal ultra sound the Dr disovered adenomyosis and lots of fibroids.I had a TAH ( leaving my overies)in April and it was the best thing I have EVER done. I am pain free for the first time in YEARS.The doctor told me my uterus felt like a bean bag when he removed it! Karen
Unread 05-26-2004, 07:44 AM

Do Dr's wait till we are 40 to do anything??? I turned 40 this year and I complained for years but my dr didnt do any tests till this year?????
Unread 05-26-2004, 08:20 AM

Janne: One of the problems I think is we only go to the gyno once a year. Every year I would complain but I was still in my childbearing years. Finally last October for my annual I complained really loud.My adenomyosis was getting worse I guess. Hang in there. Soon you will be pain free! Karen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register