bleeding | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-23-2012, 01:16 PM
bleeding

I had my total hysterectomy on the 19th. I am resting a lot and walking around a bit for bathroom and shower and drinks. i had stopped bleeding. It took till today for first bowel movement. Was half hour and very soft but lots. After lots of bleeding not crazy heavy but lots and see it in toilet after going. Is this normal. Also had odd pulling feeling at pubic bone. Im unsure. Im taking it easy just worried.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2012, 05:23 PM
Re: bleeding

We're you bleeding from your bowel movement, or is it post surgery bleeding. Post surgery bleeding is normal as long as it isn't excessive (my doctor said if I was going through more than one pad an hour). If you were bleeding from your BM, I would definitely call the doctor.
Unread 11-23-2012, 05:39 PM
bleeding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhantelo View Post
We're you bleeding from your bowel movement, or is it post surgery bleeding. Post surgery bleeding is normal as long as it isn't excessive (my doctor said if I was going through more than one pad an hour). If you were bleeding from your BM, I would definitely call the doctor.
No it is vaginal. just started after the bm. Im thinking it adjusted things when i had or allowing movement. A pad lasts me a couple hours. Usually 2 maybe 3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2012, 09:40 PM

I had bleeding for several days after and most of it was after trying to have a bowel movement. Hang in there.
Unread 11-23-2012, 11:39 PM

Since you were sitting upright on the commode for half hour- it could be that the caginal blood was draining as you were having your BM. That happens to me after I have been laying down for awhile then use the restroom there is small amounts of blood seen in the toilet.
If it has clots or there is lots I'd call your Dr.
Unread 11-24-2012, 07:29 AM

Thank you all for you info. I haven't had clotting thankfully. It is darker in color not too bright.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register