2nd Surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-03-2011, 09:03 PM
2nd Surgery

Hi Sisters,
My hysterectomy was originally August 10. The docs removed everything but my left ovary. I had a tumor the size of a football removed from my right ovary. Doc said my left ovary was the only thing that looked healthy, so he left it. Almost two weeks after surgery doc let me know that I have stage 1c ovarian cancer and that he needed to go back in and take the left ovary and do some exploring to make sure that the cancer did not spread. This time he took my appendix (it was a really strange shape), part of my bladder, because the left ovary had attached to the bladder, he took the flap of skin that everyone has just below your rib cage to protect the intestines, then did biopsies of other organs. I came home Friday afternoon and have been super sick since. My best friend said it is because of the car ride home and getting the hospital drugs out of my system. I’m feeling ok; I can’t keep anything down today, but water. I will worry when I can’t keep water down. I got my test results back Friday morning. There is no other cancer!!
Have a great weekend Sisters!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2011, 09:29 PM
Re: 2nd Surgery

SO happy they did find anthing additional. Praying all goes well with your treatments. (((Hugs)))
Unread 09-03-2011, 10:13 PM
Re: 2nd Surgery

I'm sorry that you had to have another surgery but i'm glad they found & were able to get all of the cancer out.
I'm sorry you had to go through that but i'm sure it's a big relief now. I'm praying for a quick and easy recovery. <3

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register