Am I worrying for nothing? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Am I worrying for nothing? Am I worrying for nothing?

Unread 04-30-2002, 04:25 AM
Am I worrying for nothing?

I know I worry too much - Everybody tells me that. But I knew if anyone would understand it would be my sisters here. I see a nurse practioner who after sonogram and biopsy said I have several fibroids about the size of large marbles. So we set up an appt with an associate in her practice for discuss hyst. Nurse Practitioner agrees that it would be best to have a hyst. I'm 55 yo and have been in menopause for three years. Now, the thing I'm worrying about is if this associate dr won't agree with NP and myself about the hyst. If she doesn't agree, do I go to another associate in the practice or to a new dr? That will start the process all over again - YUK!

I'm in considerable pain with strong cramps and a little spotting and the prescription motrin doesn't help, it only makes me sick in the stomach. I took it with milk and food - still no help. I took Perocet (which I have for TN) and that helps, but I can only take it at night because it makes me sleepy and I work full-time.

I have an appt next Wed. 5/8 and I'm trying not to think about it, but the cramps keep reminding me of it. I guess I just want to hear the dr agree about the hyst and set up the op ASAP. Seems like I want immediate gratification.

Tell me I'm not WACKO :hair: just a little impatient. Whew! I feel better venting here. Thanks for being here for me.
Bonnie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2002, 04:44 AM

Hugs to you, Bonnie!! I know how it feels to want all this over with "right now"! I know it's hard for you to relax about this right now, but believe me, getting nervous won't get next week here any sooner. If you feel in your heart that a hysterectomy is the right thing for you, then if I were you and the doctor doesn't agree, I would go to another doctor. Of course, I don't know why the doctor would say no - if he/she has a legitimate reason why they think you shouldn't have the surgery - something to do with another health issue you have or something like that, then at least you'd know why and you could still go to other doctors and see what they tell you. I hope you find answers you can have peace with. Hoping you'll feel better soon.
Unread 04-30-2002, 08:57 AM

Hey Bonnie! 's to you! If they do not agree with you, as frustrating as it may seem, go to another dr. This decision can affect you for many years (if not the rest of your life) and finding a dr who you feel comfortable with who agrees with you is worth the extra time it may take. I know the anxious feelings you are having. Keep posting here for support and prayers and let us know how you are doing!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register