Are you emotions High and Low??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Are you emotions High and Low??? Are you emotions High and Low???

Unread 05-14-2003, 08:13 AM
Are you emotions High and Low???

Now that I've gotten my official surgery date I'm going thru all sorts of emotions.

Happy, sad, joyous, anxious, nervous, depressed, upset, apprehensive, scared, tearing up...oh geez, just too many to list. Let's just say I'm running the whole gammit on a emotional rollercoaster!

What causes us to act this way before our appending Castle dates?

I thought it would be a relief to know and get it over with, but that's not how I feel.

~hugs~
julie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2003, 09:04 AM
Me Too!!

I'm running the gambit of emotions too Julie! I got my official date of June 6th and at first was relieved but since have gone through a whole bunch of ups and downs. I've been waiting for this for years because of all the problems but now that's it's looming in front of me...well...let's just say I'm on that roller coaster with you! I don't know why or how to get off but I'll scream along side ya!

Just wanted to let you know you're not alone. Being a Lady in Waiting is very difficult. So many unknowns even with all the Princess' that have shared their experiences. Everyone is different and you don't know exactly how you are going to react. Wish I knew what to say here to make us both feel better. Just hang in there and know you're not alone.

Froggie
Unread 05-14-2003, 09:17 AM
Crying at work

I don't have a date yet and I think that is contributing to my stress. However, I have been the same. I found out I needed the surgery back in January. But I needed to take my licensing exam before the surgery so that I wouldn't be fighting recovery and possible hormonal ups and downs while trying to study and take the test. I will take the test Saturday.

I cried in January and did not show much emotion again until last Monday night (after the pre-op office visit). I cried most of the night and isolated the next day. Since then I have ranged from calm and planning, to silly, to crying if someone looks at me the wrong way. Yesterday I started to cry when I told a colleague that everyone else had been hooked up to the server at work and I had not...seemed silly, but she is a Princess from a few years ago and understood, calmed me, patted me on the head, and sent me on my way.

Hang in there....maybe clean something
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2003, 09:20 AM

Hi Julie! I know what you mean- I'm going in for my TVH a few days before you- June 9th. I think I have been in denial, but this Friday I go in to sign my surgery papers and I think its really going to hit me. Last night I got on here- read someones post (don't remember which one) but anyway she posted some links for info and after seeing some of the actual pictures of a hysterectomy I started thinking about the reality of it all & started freaking out! Everyone says the waiting is the hardest part. Some people I talk to say how lucky I am or they wish they could just get their stuff ripped out too (like its just a walk in the park), but since they aren't really facing what we are I guess its easy for them to say that- maybe they think it will make me feel better-but I think I would rather have some sympathy instead- am I whining??? I guess I will be glad once its over, but I'm not looking forward to the needles, being put to sleep, the nausea, tiredness, pain etc..... Well, I will be thinking about you since we are both pretty much in the same boat- good luck!
Unread 05-14-2003, 09:42 AM

I had to wait 6 agonizing weeks from the time I got my date till the surgery. I was so elated when I got the date, I called everyone I knew to tell them my news. It wasn't until I gave the actual surgery thought that I started to panic about the unknown. :eyes:

I learned a few things in those 6 weeks:

1) Don't think all the problems in the Post Op board will happen to you.

2) Try to look beyond the hospital stay.... On such and such a date, I will be on the road to recovery... etc....

3) I hung out in the chat room ALOT during this time.... sadly, the hours are limited now, but find others who have had or are waiting.

4) Remember why you are having this done. I wanted to feel better- and not spend 2-3 weeks bleeding every month.

Not 1 day has gone by yet that I don't thank God for the hyst and how thankful I am that I am better.

Sorry this is long, but it is my heart!
God bless you as you face this. You are NOT alone

Lamb and Lion
Unread 05-14-2003, 10:32 AM

Wow everyone is so GREAT here!!!!

It feels good to know I'm not the only one going thru these struggles. I'm sure when it's all over with, I'll wonder why I even acted that way. LOL

I guess the best thing to do is to stay active, check-in with all the other LIW online, keep a stiff upper lip and think positive thoughts.

julie
Unread 05-14-2003, 10:56 AM

I have made June 9th (castle date) my target date for having some things done that I have procrastinated on for a while now- it will make the time fly by!!! I put a list on the fridge of 'THINGS TO DO BEFORE SURGERY' - such as painting my bedroom, weeding beside side porch, painting 2nd coat on the side porch, stock up on groceries, make some casseroles to freeze, clean the spare bedroom for my son coming home from San Diego to visit... its nice to be able to cross them off! At least when I'm laid up Ill be able to see all my accomplishments! I always said I work better under pressure!!!
Unread 05-14-2003, 11:24 AM
Emotions

Hi, I have my date of May 28 - the doctor had cancellations otherwise it would have been 3 MONTHS out. I felt very emotional meeting with the surgeon this past Monday. It was strange. Now I am just nervous. Thank you for this great site. I have been telling people about it at work. They laugh at the name, then say........hey, great idea. Let's all keep talking. Kimberlee

My diagnosis is fibroids, endometriosis, a poss cancer cells. I would not let them do the painful test of going through the cervix with that spoon to gather tissue! They can check it out once I am asleep in the operating room!!!
Unread 05-14-2003, 01:04 PM

My surgery is June 9th as well and I dont know whether to laugh, cry, yell, or throw something. My DH says my emotions change like someone flipping a switch.

I am anxious and cannot wait to get this monster out of my body, yet Im scared, nervous, upset.. etc etc.. you get the picture.

I guess I need to start making lists or nothing will be done by then!
Unread 05-14-2003, 01:50 PM

im so glad i found this site ! everyone at work and some at home seem to be in 2 camps ( the 'oh i know someone who was uop rding her horse 3 days later' or 'ohmygod,you poor poor thing'.i just got promotion to a job i really want,starts in august,im told the OP will be 'sometime ' in the next 6 months. However,dear readers, in England the National Health Service version of 6 months can be a very elastic notion indeed. im getting weepier and weepier, yesterday i wept because i ran out of cat food. ( not that I eat it you understand it WAS for the cat honestly!) So i keep thinking it will all be ok this time next year and ill feel a whole lot better. im not good at pain and howled all though my last operation recovery ( i had my gall bladder removed 6 years ago) i can see myself really going for it this time.im glasd in a way to see other people are doing as badly as me even before i get to theatre or even get my date. Ill probably be in meltdown by then!!!hugs to allxxx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register