Post-op pampering? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post-op pampering? Post-op pampering?

Unread 01-23-2006, 03:36 PM
Post-op pampering?

Has anyone splurged on post-op pampering? I'd like to get a leg wax & pedicure because it seems impossible to do on my own for now. A friend gave me a professional manicure & it felt so good to be pampered. I'd also like to get a nice trim & colour for my hair because I feel kind blah since my surgery. A makeover would be great as well but I won't go that far for now. Does anyone else feel the same way?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2006, 03:44 PM
Post-op pampering?

Well mori, my DH and DD thought I needed some so gave me gift certificates for Christmas! I now have to set appointments for facial, manicure, pedicure and something called a Sea Dip. That's a seaweed wrap, hydrotub and massage - sounds divine...I'm also having the hair colour/highlight thing done tomorrow - I hear ya about blah

Enjoy your pampering - you deserve it
Unread 01-26-2006, 11:15 PM
Post-op pampering?

That was very nice & thoughtful of your DH & DD. What a nice X-Mas gift! You're really going all out with the pampering, seaweed wrap & all! Good for you, God knows we deserve it after everything we've been through. Enjoy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2006, 11:20 PM
Post-op pampering?

hi mori, that sounds great...i want to get my hair done as well....havent pampered at all.... think i'm going to give myself a facial today after i wake up..lol! think all of us should..we all deserve it after what we've been through!~debbie1266~
Unread 01-27-2006, 12:39 AM
Post-op pampering?

yes- great idea. I had the full works on my hair at about five weeks. It felt so good. Keep meaning to have a facial but haven't got round to booking one but maybe now I will!
Unread 01-27-2006, 01:56 AM
Post-op pampering?

Oh, I want to redo my hair so badly...(I do my own)...but I worry that I won't be able to stand up to do my whole head...(besides...my hair is falling out like crazy...but it looks so flat and dry...and my grey hairs seem to have multiplied exponentially since my surgery...I have had grey hairs since I was 25 (but it was only a few)...and with the rapid loss of hair...I think the only ones not falling out are grey)...and then will I be able to sit up while it sets (those greys take about twice as long to color...grrrr!! And I'm too young for all this...the only reason I color my hair is because it's always up in a pony tail...and the grey hairs are obvious...and I hate looking older than I am due to a few grey hairs...isn't vanity a pain!)

But, I've been debating doing it tonight...

I'm also thinking about finding a new massage therapist...I could really use a nice relaxing therapuetic massage right about now...and my insurance will even cover it (less my co-pay)...

A little pampering sounds really good right about now...last week...when I was going absolutely nuts over the state of my home...and how my husband was doing NOTHING to help...and the compulsive side of my personality was losing it...one of my friends even suggested I check back into the hospital...because the one I was in was more like a resort than a hospital...too bad I probably wouldn't have been able to justify that one to the insurance company...
Unread 01-27-2006, 07:12 AM
Post-op pampering?

After my surgery I felt the need to be a "new me"!

I had my hair colored, cut and highlighted, a manicure, pedicure, facial the works!!! I did all of this prior to going back to work at 7 weeks post op TAH.

The problem now is that I want to do this every other week!! My poor DH will be broke!!! LOL!

You need to take care of you! Whatever works is my motto! and this seems to work! AHHH!!!

Good luck to you and you go girl!!
Unread 01-27-2006, 07:47 AM
Post-op pampering?

I had my hair styled and colored a couple days ago. I didn't go to my regular hairdresser but went to one that I had to pay more money for. It really shows also, and makes me feel so much better about myself. Even the swelly belly doesn't seem so important, I feel so good. Its amazing how our hair affects our moods! Women ,we are God's unique creatures!
Unread 01-27-2006, 07:56 AM
Post-op pampering?

Hello sisters!
I would crawl to my spa if I could!!! I have been experimenting with driving this week and am thinking about trying to make it to my spa maybe next week, which is about 30 miles roundtrip. My eyebrows need waxed bad and I would LOVE to visit the tanning bed. I would die for a pedicure right now. I am planning on getting my hair done a week or so before I return to work, which won't be for another month.
I love my hubby dearly and he has been awesome through this recovery but he was having trouble with his shoulder last week and was begging me to rub it. I said, "what about me....I'm the one that just had surgery!!".
Deana
Unread 01-27-2006, 11:34 AM
Post-op pampering?

Ahhhhhh - a massage sounds sooooo gooood right now..... and a good hair wash and stye.......

I was thinking about doing on eof those at-home microdermabration kits since I'll just be sitting round anyway for weeks.

Anyone know anything about the at-home kits. I've had microdermabration done at the spa and my skin always feels and looks good after. If I have this time and the at-home kits works well - might as well save the $$$ !!

I had my hair colored the day before I went to the hospital - I knew it was going to be a while and didn't want to look at myself with all those gray hairs looking back!

Go for it Mori !!! Then come back and tell us how wonderful it was so we can close our eyes and dream.......

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register