pre-op appt. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-17-2003, 08:40 PM
pre-op appt.

just what is involved in a pre-op doctor appointment?
My TVH is scheduled for 1-28 and I have a pre-op doctor appointment on 1-23. The appointment is not with the surgeon but with my primary care doctor. I have already had an EKG and blood tests so what else is there for him to do.? I had an appointment with the surgeon about a month ago and won't see her again til she operates. She was great in answering all my questions, so I'm confused about why my primary care doctor who has nothing to do with gynocology is doing the pre-op.

Can anyone clue me in?

pate82
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2003, 08:55 PM
pre-op appt.

Hi Pat,
There could be any number of reasons your surgeon wants you to see your primary care doctor, so you please don't worry! It could be something as simple as it being hospital policy, or maybe your primary care physician has informed the surgeons in your area that he wants to be involved in this aspects of his patients' care! Take care and keep us posted!
Beth
Unread 01-18-2003, 08:03 AM
pre-op appt.

Is the apt with your PCP instead of a hosp pre-op? They need to do blood work within a week of surgery, and also check vitals, etc.

Other than that I don't have a clue, the only involvement my PCP had with this surgery was sending me to they GYN four years ago, and getting copies of the reports.

Best wishes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2003, 08:55 AM
pre-op appt.

My pre-op is on the 21st at the hospital and i know it is blood work ekg and chest xray and proably advice i am not sure. Iknow that after i am done at the hospital i have to go the family doctor . I also found out my family doctor will be there during my surgery abdominal hysterectomy. I havent seen my gynocologist since October, wont see him now until surgery.
Unread 01-18-2003, 05:20 PM
pre-op appt.

I don't go to the hospital for the pre-op. I talked to the surgeon about a month ago when I signed the papers. I had a chest x-ray done two weeks ago because of my cold in case it was pneumonia. (it wasn't) I also had blood work done then and an EKG so I don't know what is left. My doctor wanted me to schedule an appointment with cardiology for a stress test, but when they called to give me my pre-op appt. time, the nurse said she was cancelling the stress test since I already had an EKG.
Was anyone else required to have a stess test done before surgery? I do not want one. The reason I am questioning the pre-op is we are going out of town for a few days and because of the pre-op appt time, We will have to leave the motel to come back in time at about 7:00 a.m. I tried to get the time changed but the doctor's office said it was the only time available. I know I have to get medical clearance from the primary doctor but like I said, everything has been done as far as I know.

pate82
Unread 01-18-2003, 06:27 PM
pre-op appt.

Every pre-op I have had was to go over and have me sign the paperwork that stated what I was having done and al the risks involved. As well as a physical exam and bloodwork.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register