Couple things I cant find answers to | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Couple things I cant find answers to Couple things I cant find answers to

Unread 10-07-2006, 10:28 PM
Couple things I cant find answers to

Hello everyone,
ok, my surgery was the 25th of September.
Guess that makes me two weeks post op.
My questions are as follows, if anyone has had these problems, or knows of a site I can find the answer I would so very much appreciate it.
First. My stomach seems to be getting better about the huge swelling, but there is still this "cap" over the incision area that looks like a spare tire. Its more pronounced on the right. Does this go away, or is it my "new" shape?
Secondly, constipation is ever present. I take three Phillips stool softeners a day, plus my vitamins, and Estroven, and CoQ10, and A&D, and usually one laxative tablet. This only makes things gassy, bloating, and severe pain and cramping in the area right on top of my pelvis. I can actually FEEL the gas moving on top of my pelvis, and I cant recall a time when this ever happened prior to surgery.
Thirdly, after my bath tonight, I was finally able to locate the strange sharp-piercing-stabbing-burning pain I feel constantly. Its on the crease of my pelvis and thigh. Right there in the groin area, ON the crease where the leg starts. WHAT IS THAT??? It can get so bad and so sharp and quick, I can literally fall over from it. NEVER EVER had it before, and now its constant.
Anyone had any of this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-07-2006, 10:37 PM

OMG a bath already?? I hope your doc okayed it..sounds to me like maybe a lil muscle strain, or tear...seems after the last few weeks of reading we all get this weird right side pain...and the docs are non the wiser...I could say the often read "call doc" first thing monday, pain like that may be normal, or may like I said a pulled or torn muscle...ice it and then massage it out..hopefully it works, if not might need a check for hematoma...those are PAINFUL...as far as constipation...heres what i told someone else, forget asult poop relief stuff, go for kids, no kid does well with stuffed tummys..so they make kids stuff to work for sure LOL...I use Fletchers kids tummies stuff..mainly thing to know its fletchers ask any pharmisits...its a root beer flavor, actually pretty yummy, and kicks in like right away...and isnt harsh on the bowel either...sure as heck beats the waiting game with adult junk ....and I asked about the BALL earlier today no one really commented I was told my ball sounded like someone elses ball tho LOL....guess we will just have to keep askin and pushing for an answer there (the tummy thing u have as #1..if i lost ya) good luck hun ~mil~
Unread 10-07-2006, 10:38 PM

Hey BFree... I would stear clear of the laxative because they cause cramping. Colace up to 6 pills a day is much better on the system. And my doc recommended the Equate brand because it was much cheaper but the same ingredients. And remember, lots of water. I get tired of water so drink really weak tea as well.

After my first abdominal surgery, I ended up with a flap on the right side -- from the beginning of the scar on my right side and in about 3 inches. It is completely flat on my left side. My doc and a plastic surgeon I saw next both said it was scar tissue. I also lost complete sensation from my navel to my pubic bone during that procedure. I believe it was 1996. But oh well... all in the name of better health!

WOW -- a bath. Our surgery dates were the same day but I'm not released for one yet. I am ready for it though. Got candles and a bottle of bubbly for that first long soak. My doc did say that when I was released for such absolutely no bubble bath to lower the risk of UTI's for a while.

Anyhow, no clue on the sensation in the crease. I would guess it could be nerves coming back on line.

Best wishes ~

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register