I want to rant | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I want to rant I want to rant

Unread 08-09-2013, 07:43 AM
I want to rant

I am so ready to get this done. I've gotten progressively worse the last 4 months with the cramping, bloating, diarrhea, digestive issues( I feel as if my food is just sitting in my stomach from the night before) Burning constant pressure in my pelvic region....radiates down my thighs, back pain...
My pre-op appointment is next Wednesday. And I don't even know which procedure I'm having yet because the Dr said he can't do LSH anymore, I have to come in next week to talk about it(found hyperplasia on my biopsy). Don't even know what kind of hyperplasia yet. 5 days will be a LONG time.
Sorry, just wanted to get it off my chest!! And I hate to be blunt, but I can't wait to kick this uterus to the curb!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2013, 08:30 AM
Re: I want to rant

lizabeth,
Waiting was probably the hardest part for me. You don't have a surgery date listed, but I assume it's pretty soon since your pre-op is on Wed. Take this one day at a time and it will be here before you know it. Then you can just concentrate on your recovery. For now you can do some planning - get your recovery 'area' set up, arrange for someone to help at least for the first week or two, plan ahead for meals, and spend time with friends and family. Keep posting here - this site is awesome for support and advice from women who have been through this. Hang in there sweetie, you will get there.
Unread 08-18-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizabeth72 View Post
I am so ready to get this done. I've gotten progressively worse the last 4 months with the cramping, bloating, diarrhea, digestive issues( I feel as if my food is just sitting in my stomach from the night before) Burning constant pressure in my pelvic region....radiates down my thighs, back pain...
My pre-op appointment is next Wednesday. And I don't even know which procedure I'm having yet because the Dr said he can't do LSH anymore, I have to come in next week to talk about it(found hyperplasia on my biopsy). Don't even know what kind of hyperplasia yet. 5 days will be a LONG time.
Sorry, just wanted to get it off my chest!! And I hate to be blunt, but I can't wait to kick this uterus to the curb!!
I'm sitting here feeling some of these same symptoms as I type this. I've been having the burning sensation in my pelvic region (like right now) for some time but didn't know what it was. My uterus is the size of a 5 month pregnancy and I feel so full. I knew I had a problem when I couldn't put on pantyhose or tie my shoes without problems. I have to wait until November for surgery because I'm a fairly new teacher who's being evaluated by someone in the state department in September and (hopefully) by my assistant principal in October. I have surgery the week before the Thanksgiving holiday and plan to be out until Jan. 6 to recover. I can't wait until this thing is gone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2013, 03:48 PM

Hi,

I'm just starting this and I know a little bit how you feel. I have no qualms about having my reproductive organs removed, but I am getting a little anxious to get this show on the road. I don't have the pain you have, just a lot of cramping when my bowels move. I've always had diarrhea, so I don't know if that's a symptom related to this issue. My results said complex hyperplasia with severe atypia, so I'm thinking the sooner the better. I had planned for an abdominal incision, but now they are saying robotic. I hope you can have the robotic.

Good luck!
Unread 08-18-2013, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizabeth72 View Post
Hey beautiful girl,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are in so much pain. It's a difficult, stressful and uncertain time let alone having to be in so much pain as well. I do wish you the best of luck and pray that all your pain is relieved very soon.

....and it's okay to rant dear lady. You are going through so much and have so much to deal with at the moment. But it will get better and you will have your surgery and be on your way to recovery and will have a beautiful, healthy and pain free life to look forward to. So take care and happy healings. Rant as often as you need. That's what we sisters are here for, to support each other and we're very good listeners too!

Hugs galore and keep us posted on your progress. xoxo.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register