car rides after tvh | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

car rides after tvh car rides after tvh

Unread 02-03-2014, 09:26 PM
car rides after tvh

I can't drive yet, but my mom drives me where I need to go (mostly bringing dd to school and back). The bumps are killing me! Feels like my insides are coming loose. Since I have no abdominal incisions I wasn't expecting this. Any suggestions to make car rides more comfortable?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2014, 12:14 AM
Re: car rides after tvh

Is there any way your mom can just take her to school and bring her home? Your body is still healing and it may be a little too soon for car rides. If you must though, maybe a pillow would help. I hope this doesn't come across as mean, but girl your body needs REST. Even though you don't have outside incisions, your body is still healing on the inside. Take care, you've only got one time to heal.
Unread 02-04-2014, 01:31 PM

The car ride home from the hospital almost killed me. Thank goodness I insisted on getting an abdominal binder. We stopped the car and put it on. (Yes, duh, could have put it on first. Lol)

And the remainder of the drive was bearable.

so, my advice, avoid car rides, or only use really smooth riding car, or apply pressure to the abdomen to support it .

good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2014, 01:43 PM

I was still pretty well drugged up for my ride home, but the next day oh boy oh boy it was bad. Thanks for the advice
Unread 02-04-2014, 03:17 PM

I am two and a half wks post surgery and haven't been in the car unless absolutely necessary. I agree with everyone else and avoid them if you can. Good luck with everything!!
Unread 02-05-2014, 09:41 AM

I've had no choice except to be in a car for long periods of time (3 hours each way every other day) since 5 days post op. I used a pillow the first time. Didn't really help. Now I just hold my belly with my hands.
Unread 02-12-2014, 10:08 AM

I've been driving around town since 8 days post op, it was a little strange at first (with the belly pain) , but it's much better now, I just held my belly if I hit some bumps. I am 2 weeks post op and I had a TVH, kept both ovaries , cervix was removed. I feel awesome! I'm still taking it easy though. My kiddos and hubby are still doing the heavy duty chores.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register