Scheduled LAVH 3 weeks to go - hysterectomy scheduled for 10/23 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 weeks to go - hysterectomy scheduled for 10/23 3 weeks to go - hysterectomy scheduled for 10/23

Unread 10-01-2015, 10:00 AM
3 weeks to go - hysterectomy scheduled for 10/23

Had my pre-op appointment today, on the 3 week countdown to my surgery. Nervous about things, as I'm sure everyone is. I'm confident in my decision to have surgery, but scared of the surgery itself. I have anxiety attacks and know as things get closer it's going to be a struggle.

Breathe...(easier said than done).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2015, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessvt View Post
Had my pre-op appointment today, on the 3 week countdown to my surgery. Nervous about things, as I'm sure everyone is. I'm confident in my decision to have surgery, but scared of the surgery itself. I have anxiety attacks and know as things get closer it's going to be a struggle.

Breathe...(easier said than done).

I can relate. I have my pre-op appt on Mon 10/5. I'm confident surgery Is the right thing, but am getting nervous also! You're not alone. Hoping we can help stay calm by reading all the supportive things here. Take care and know you are not alone!
Unread 10-01-2015, 11:53 AM
Re: 3 weeks to go - hysterectomy scheduled for 10/23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith in Him View Post
I can relate. I have my pre-op appt on Mon 10/5. I'm confident surgery Is the right thing, but am getting nervous also! You're not alone. Hoping we can help stay calm by reading all the supportive things here. Take care and know you are not alone!
Reading the messages and articles on here helped me come up with more questions for my doctor (who is super-fantastic, so that's great). I'm keeping a little notebook of questions as they come up so I don't forget anything.

I wish when it was scheduled it wasn't a 6 week wait, I'd rather just get it done quick and be able to focus on healing. I hate all this extra time I have to worry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2015, 02:13 PM

My surgery is 10/14, and my advice...try to stay in the pre op forums...some of the post ops can be really scary. Anxiety, nervousness, and fear (never been operated on before) are becoming my frequent companions...I'm fine at work, because I'm in retail, and very busy, but once I get home, it gets real again. Of course, I have learned a ton here, and just reading the stories of others who are going thru the same thing, and understand, makes it a bit easier. Stay strong, upbeat, and positive. We got this
Unread 10-01-2015, 02:17 PM

I'm currently waiting for my pre op right now at my gynaecologist. I'm so above and beyond grateful for getting high priority for my surgery. I'm so sick of the pain it's near unbareable. So bring the surgery so I can move forward with no pain. Yep I kind of nervous, I just tell myself it's in God's hands, and it will be over soon enough. I so blessed for this site, it has a plethora of incredible helpful info. Because of this sure I feel more prepared and less stressed.
Unread 10-01-2015, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djschue View Post
My surgery is 10/14, and my advice...try to stay in the pre op forums...some of the post ops can be really scary. Anxiety, nervousness, and fear (never been operated on before) are becoming my frequent companions...I'm fine at work, because I'm in retail, and very busy, but once I get home, it gets real again. Of course, I have learned a ton here, and just reading the stories of others who are going thru the same thing, and understand, makes it a bit easier. Stay strong, upbeat, and positive. We got this
I'm busy at work too, which is good. Trying to stay busy the rest of the time is the hard part. I've avoided the post-op stuff right now, just like I'm not googling questions, I don't want to see the scary stuff.

My last operation was when I was about 10, and what I remember is panicking being put under, which is what I'm most scared of now too. I actually took a swing at a nurse that time because I flipped out, it's one thing to have a 10 year old swing at you, it's another to have a 36 year old do it LOL. I'm already on order for extra anxiety meds and my surgery is first thing in the morning so hopefully I'll be tired and loopy and not even realize what's happening.
Unread 10-01-2015, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerieann55 View Post
I'm currently waiting for my pre op right now at my gynaecologist. I'm so above and beyond grateful for getting high priority for my surgery. I'm so sick of the pain it's near unbareable. So bring the surgery so I can move forward with no pain. Yep I kind of nervous, I just tell myself it's in God's hands, and it will be over soon enough. I so blessed for this site, it has a plethora of incredible helpful info. Because of this sure I feel more prepared and less stressed.
I'm glad you're on the fast track if you're in pain, that's definitely no fun. I'm not having any pain at this point so it's just a waiting game for me.
Unread 10-01-2015, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessvt View Post
I'm glad you're on the fast track if you're in pain, that's definitely no fun. I'm not having any pain at this point so it's just a waiting game for me.
Hi there, just wanted to say hey and to let you know the time will go fast and your nerves and everything your feeling is normal my surgery is This Tuesday October 6th. Use this time to go shopping on the internet if u can. Look at the HysterSisters store too I wish I would have time to order the nightgown I just found this website so I told my husband I'm going to buy me a nice nightgown, slippers all those cozy things we women love and stay on HysterSisters. Take this time to be good to yourself because u deserve it. I had to wait 4 months and now the time is here. My sister twin just had major back surgery and she said, Kerri, it's great. They give u something to relax and then say okay breathe through this mask and before u know it u wake up and your in recovery easier said than done I know, but knowing my twin, I trust her. I'm going to ask my doctor to give me something to put me in la la land/) and a tip...tell anthesiologist you want something for nausea even if u don't that way you'll be okay and won't be sick. I'm going to ask them. I will let u know after my surgery and give u the ins and outs.
Unread 10-02-2015, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaeke320 View Post
I trust her. I'm going to ask my doctor to give me something to put me in la la land/) and a tip...tell anthesiologist you want something for nausea even if u don't that way you'll be okay and won't be sick. I'm going to ask them. I will let u know after my surgery and give u the ins and outs.
Thank you! Good luck with your surgery next week! I'm definitely asking for extra anxiety meds and anti-nausea meds.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register