Backaches? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-11-2002, 07:21 AM
Backaches?

I was reading some other posts last night, and saw a mention of having no more backaches...(naturally I cant find the post now) I have had backaches for about a year now.. I saw a chiropractor several times thinking maybe it was out of place, and he told me that it was possible that I may have a bit of arthritis in my lower back.. but after reading yesterdays post, I wonder.. could it be related to my other problems??? I never thought the back pain could be related to my uterine problems ... is there hope that I will come out of this surgery and be free from back pain???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2002, 07:24 AM
poor pelvic floor support can affect the lumbar region

so I read while researching rectocele. So I give my unmedically qualified opinion of maybe here.

I know after a long day on my feet, lumbar pain. And more dragging sensations in my pelvis than when I am more sedentary. Not scientific but unique to me.
Unread 10-11-2002, 09:43 AM
Backaches?

Your back pain just may be totally unrelated to your uterus. However, large fibroids may contribute to low back pain. It is a symtom. I don't know if you have any s but it could be the cause. I've read a few threads from post op sisters who have commented that their back pain was gone.

I've had low back pain for along time and it is related to my 14 week size uterus. As is my burning thigh and foot numbness. Seems nerves are getting the pressure.

I do hope you are one who finds some relief. s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2002, 10:04 AM
Backaches

I have been having lower back pain (dull aching) and aching legs, worse toward end of the day. I have fibroids and a 16-week uterus, which I've been told is probably the cause. Something is pressing on those nerves!

But I know it won't last forever!

Mary
Unread 10-11-2002, 01:08 PM
Backache

Thank you so much for your recent posts. I too have been experiencing lower backache for quite some time. I thought it was related to an automobile accident I had several years ago. I have many Fibroids & my uterus is the size of a four month pregnant women. What would I do without my sisters. Well I only have fourteen days left to wait. Thanks for the shared information
Karen
Unread 10-11-2002, 02:09 PM
Aching Back

While we're on the subject....my back started hurting badly the beginning of this week. All of my symptoms started drizzling on me like rain right after I found out I needed to have the hyster...
I'm with ya...

Unread 10-11-2002, 02:30 PM
Backaches?

With me, I have terrible pains in my lower back during my ovulation time (what's with that?) and my period. In between those times it seems fine. The pain is like when you get winded in the stomach, takes my breath away.
Also I have been extremely cold all the time. Cant seem to get warm on the best of days. Makes me look forward to the es..........NOT!!!!!

I hope when I get to the castle, they have lots of blankets warming in the oven, cause i plan on using all of them !!!
Unread 10-11-2002, 03:53 PM
Backaches?

Prior to having my hyst (10 months ago today), I had the cramps, the back aches every day and for the last few months I had my left leg going numb as well when I had my periods. The backaches were chronic when I had my periods to the stage where I could barely get out of bed.

Hmmm - call it coincidence, but since the hyst I have had no backache or numb leg at all. I asked the dr and he said that in all probability it was either the family of fibroids or my enlarged uterus pressing on nerves in my lower back.
Unread 10-11-2002, 04:11 PM
Backaches?

I too have lower back pain...I was told it was because my uterus is pulling on these 2 ligaments. During the exam, he pulled those ligaments & proved it.
Now that I'm getting more used to the idea of having the surgery, I'm looking forward to no more back pain!
Of course, your back pain may be something different, but it wouldn't hurt to put it down as one of those questions for the doc.
Unread 10-11-2002, 07:55 PM
unreal..............m

i too have had terrible bavk problems for years even told i had a disc outta line but nothing ever showed up on test just a hunch.... i seen a chiropractor, he adjusted my back however by morning it was hurting again. i notice it is extremly worse during auntie flows visits.. its like i can't stand up straight or something, i do have an enlarged uterus as well as ovarian cyst so ya know it makes loads of sense its b/c of my lovely friend.. thanks so very much you have got to go....lol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register