I bought some 'granny' undies today... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I bought some 'granny' undies today... I bought some 'granny' undies today...

Unread 08-12-2013, 08:40 PM
I bought some 'granny' undies today...

.... oh how the mighty have fallen

(TAH next tuesday...)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-13-2013, 06:25 AM
Re: I bought some 'granny' undies today...

Lol, I tried to find the cutest possible, but they have their own challenges. For example, swelly belly smallest in the morning, so I walk around half the day with droopy granny drawers until I start to fill them out. I could break down and get the spandex kind but these cotton droopers have served me well. And look at it this way, you're ahead of fashion since the hipsters are bringing back the high waist bathing beauty look. Good luck with your surgery and healing.
Unread 08-13-2013, 08:10 AM

I bought some a size larger than usual and they were still too tight due to swelling! I am 6 days post and still wearing the extra undies the hospital sent home with me. Very stretchy and comfy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-13-2013, 09:57 AM

I actually found the granny panties were the least comfortable. I'm 5 days post op from a LAVH, (kept tubes and ovaries), and have three incision sites. The belly button one is the most tender, and the granny panties hit that sweet spot. My regular panties still fit ok, and the seam rests between the lower incisions and the upper, so they are just fine. Side note, it's feels pretty comforting to have my own undies on! having a bit of my old life back let's me realize that just because my life is different doesn't mean I can't still be me in my favorite red panties! Sorry, TMI!
Unread 08-13-2013, 01:43 PM

I had my lap lavh 8 days ago. I have 3 inscions,one at the belly button, one at the hair line, and one between the 2 off to the side. I bought bigger boy shorts which I can now wear,what was great was the nurse seen how swelly the belly was and sent me home with 4 pairs of those sexy net ones they give you. Could kiss her for it. Even tho I got a bigger size for me I was still too swelly. I would for sure ask for some extra for nite time comfort sleeping
Unread 08-13-2013, 04:34 PM

I was lucky enough to have some lovely old granny panties left over from when I was significantly heavier. Man an I glad I kept those ugly things! I do find that some of my normal loose low cut ones do work better though because all four of my incisions are in my waistline and they hurt a lot when panties rub them!!! I still can't wear pants... ugh
Unread 08-13-2013, 05:52 PM

Sorry, but I am not going to get swelly belly. I refuse to allow it. Problem solved.

LOL seriously, I think I am more stressed about the correct underwear! I probably go the wrong size too.

Larvsvernon - droopy granny drawers in the morning! Oh that is priceless! I have this mental image of the grannies falling down to my knees!

Hyster0807, oh, that is not encouraging at all! The grannies were expensive (all that material, lol), I didn't want to go too big want to go too large in case I never wear them. Oh well..

Meekadoo - good for you and your red panties - I do understand what you mean. Having a lap would make it a bit hard to avoid all the holes - I have had a couple of laps, so know what you mean - I was able to wear normal undies then but of course my procedures were nothing major like a hyst...

si0dj8 - I have never heard of the hospitals giving out undies - maybe it is an American thing?

llizbeth - that was handy!

Thanks ladies

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register