going two weeks into post op - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

going two weeks into post op going two weeks into post op

Unread 05-15-2013, 10:31 PM
Re: help

I can relate completely! I'm so frustrated that I can't even do my normal tasks and my husband and daughter keep getting on my nerves, I went into surgery on my cycle so I'm trying to fight against those hormones and healing. I feel like there's a battle in my head but can't do anything about it I had a complete melt down earlier asking for them to help me more
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2013, 10:35 PM

Are they understanding?
Unread 05-15-2013, 10:47 PM

I definitely feel like its two steps forward one step back. I read a lot of info on this site before my surgery, but I still thought I'd be doing better by now. I have a hematoma on the vaginal cuff and hope we don't have to do anything about that. I am hoping it will absorb as some others have said. My doctor told me my healing was slow. She said it wouldn't be six weeks, it would be about three months. Ugh...but I really can tell slight improvements here and there and like I said before I keep trying to remember how much better I am now than right after surgery! It seems slow, but I have definiitely come a long way! Good luck to you ladies! Hugs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2013, 10:48 PM

They are but they aren't. I had to tell them I'm trying to deal with what's going on in my head and trying to not lash out at you guys but that they need to get along and help out or it's not going to work or help me. I know my limitations for recovery since I've been cut open twice for csections and I know my hormones are going crazy but they seem to forget that I can't do my mommy or wifey things. I'm just super frustrated
Unread 05-16-2013, 01:59 AM
going two weeks into post op

Quote:
Originally Posted by umi View Post
Yeah, I was really naive going into my surgery. I thought for sure it was going to be as easy as my gallbladder surgery. (which wasn't really easy but was back to normal after 2 weeks)
I had no idea it was going to be this hard, or last this long!
It doesn't help that I had to go from a minimally invasive surgery, to invasive surgery because it couldn't be done safely minimally with the way my insides ended up being. So I woke up with a big surprise of a huge incision, and being told it will take even longer to heal!
But after reading this forum, I am realizing even the minimal procedures take longer to heal from than what I was thinking! I was thinking, oh yeah, 2 weeks, I'll be good! Boy was I wrong! 4 weeks later, still can't do a thing!
Yes, thank god for this site! I only wish I found it sooner! It's the only place I feel like I can freely talk about everything going on and have someone understand!
Wow you have pretty much nailed my entire experience right on the head!! The only difference is that I knew I'd be have the big abdominal incision. I just had my gall bladder out a year ago and I seriously thought this recovery would be similar time wise to that one. Not even close!!! Totally underestimated the amount of trauma from this surgery and the amount of healing too.
Unread 05-16-2013, 12:32 PM

Hey ladies, it seems like now days we have to do everything. We get no help, we are superwomen. We are expected to do everything, so when it comes time for help, it does not come easy to ask for it. We are use to doing it all by ourselves., but unfortunely I have learned the hard way with this surgery, we have to just let it go, let it get nasty, soon enough they will start picking up and helping out. They even have a nose to tell when it is dirty, we hope!!! lol. I am proud of all of us, at least we have gotten this far. Not easy! By no means. It seems like it gets worse every year with this surgery, but God is in control, he is going to help us, and help us get through this, and he made this website, so that we don't feel alone, and we can actually say hey, someone else or more than just one person is going through what I am going through!! I bought some word searches, journal, devotion book, hoping that I would start to take it easy and do that, but then of course, I am washing sheets. Do you know how much you should be walking with the abdominal cut?
Unread 05-16-2013, 12:46 PM

Great post Shadow. I too was wondering about the just exactly how much walking was right after the abdo incision. It sure would be handy to have some guidance. Oh and as regards the housework, whilst i hope to goodness we are all fully recovered long in advance, your post brought to mind the quote by Quentin Crisp "There is no need to do any housework at all; after the first four years the dirt doesn't get any worse".
Unread 05-16-2013, 05:40 PM

at Coumarin, I am with you about the dirt. let it roll!!! Sooner or later it will get cleaned up, or no one will think about it. By the way, anyone know the answer to the question, about how much walking do we need to do with an abdominal cut? How much walking is each one of you doing?
Unread 05-16-2013, 06:09 PM

I do about a 1/4 mile each day. But get tired very fast. Can't seem to do more. Lol
Unread 05-16-2013, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow3895 View Post
I feel like I cant do anything, don't bend, don't pick that up, don't move that stuff around, OMG, going crazy, emotions, gas, crying, mad, WOW, does this stop or get better, going two weeks into post op
Yes it does get better! I am week 4 and life is getting back to normal but you do have to do what they say. No lifting, etc. Everything feels crazy in week 2 and you are feeling it but hang in there!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register